• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to protect against rust on an XJ... ideas?

What do you mean by that? In all seriousness I did not get the joke. Can you explain it to me?

I remember long ago a friend of mine worked for an industrial design firm, and their standard response to everything - from a flat tire to a fallen steeple to an injured dog - was "just slap a little resin on it."

I know another person whose house burned to the ground. It was a horrific event, but some people have that talent for making lemonade out of lemons. His standard response to just about everything these days is "nothing a good structural fire won't solve."

In Jeep land, you lift.

We'll be applying Eastwood Internal Frame Coating to my daughter's rust-free Jeep to keep it nice. We plan on using it in the frame rails, inside the bottom of the doors, and inside the rear quarters. We want to keep this "imported" (to the Midwest) Texas Jeep nice! :D

Craig

We'll be applying Eastwood Internal Frame Coating to my daughter's rust-free Jeep to keep it nice. We plan on using it in the frame rails, inside the bottom of the doors, and inside the rear quarters. We want to keep this "imported" (to the Midwest) Texas Jeep nice! :D

Craig

I've been meaning to do that on my XJ and ZJ. The only rust (on both) is at the bottom of the doors. I've put a hold to it (I hope) with Por15.

My 87 Waggy was Ziebart'ed (sp?) and was a rust free Jeep up till I sold it, and thats with a life in Kentucky Michigan and Maryland. I cannot say for now but I've seen it on other forums and it still looks great. Although the coating didn't look the best. From what I hear they don't overspray on everything like they did in the 80's. Lol.

Back