• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HOW TO: Make Room for and Install an Electric Fan

UPDATE:

I drove home from school on Friday, at midday, and wanted to update this thread with some info. The trip was 152 miles, I've done it numerous times, and I've never seen better than high 18 mpgs. I know the speedo's off a bit, but this time I also had ~400 pounds of shit in the back (on top of the usual ~80), and my cruise was set at 75. There was an accident about halfway back, so I was doing stop & go for 10 minutes in the middle, and it was Friday afternoon, so there was another 10 min of stop & go in Tampa. I also ran the A/C the whole way.

First and foremost, sitting in traffic the temp was ~200*F. It was only 80*F outside, but it was warm, and it was A/C in traffic. The fans worked great.

Secondly, I got an average of 21.2 mpg on the highway, an improvement of about 1.5 mpg. Throttle response may have improved slightly, but other than that it runs like it always has, with 157k miles.

id be interested to know if jeeperjohn gets the mpg saving with his setup that the company claim, as thats the system im looking at? Doesnt look like they do systems for RHD vehicles though because they havent answered my emailhasta

Back