• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How long have you been around???

old_man

NAXJA Forum User
I just clicked over 7 years as a NAXJA member (#696) Sure has gone by fast.

I still remember the old XJList and have the t-shirt to prove it. Anyone else remember the ColoradoFest where we stayed split it between Ouray and Buena Vista?

I am working on my 4th year......:gee:

11 years...... yikes. Joined in '99. The server crashed in '01 or there abouts and everyone lost their join date, but yeah, I've been here much longer than I should probably admit........ :looney:

I too have an XJList shirt, and attended that Ouray/BV event.

I survived the Beezil and XJGuy and BGCountry drama years. Way more fun than drama though..... :thumbup:

Still wish some of the old characters were active...... Grant, Aaron Storms, Dave Nay....

I still talk to Grant from time to time. He's busy off racing and teaching these days. I helped Aaron get his daughters rig up and going way back when. We spent a few hours pulling parts from donors on my drive way. He went through about as many rigs as you have. :jester:

I miss Beezil, but XJGuy and BGCountry were a thorn in my side.

I was lurking and learning the way of the XJ in 01 -- joined 03 but still somewhat quiet for a year or two. the XJGuy saga was a friggin riot -- how much shipped to 80921? I miss Beezil's sarcastic wit too.

joined in Dec 2003 member # 1672
I bought the jeep in late 2001 but snooped around like 99-00 then didn't do anything with the jeep tell late 2002 or early 2003 maybe.

Before any of ya.

Except for Jacobs, maybe. He definitely wheeled at the first pre-Naxja trip. I made the second, the first for Naxja.

It'll be 3 years for me in October :D man does time fly

Been around long enough to know all of the old crowd. Met most of them in Moab in '03. I don't think I became a paid member until '04 though, just a broke college kid. The $200 lifetime membership was still an option when I found NAXJA. I was one of the 15 needed to form this chapter, I still remember our first meeting at Johnson's Auto Plaza outside of Birghton.

Five years in October. I was around for the XJGUY and BGCOUNTRY drama. It was annoying and entertaining at the same time! :D

Back