• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how i got my name welldone

welldone

NAXJA Forum User
heres a little back ground on me. i joing the army right after hich school in 97. i was in for 10 years. i worked as a military police dog handler. i went to iraq in june of 2005. while i was in iraq i was attached to the 10th mountain in norther baghdad. on dec 11, 2005 i was going out for a 3 day mission. we where only like 6 min. outside the gate. when the truck i was ridding in hit an IED. come to find out later that IED was an anti-tank mine. i was the right rear passenger in the truck. when we hit the IED i was ejected from the truck. when i was ejected from the truck i was thrown out and over the truck. i ended up landing in the on coming traffic lanes. so basically i was a human fire ball flying threw the air. when i hit the ground i stood up and opened my eyes, only to see the flames coming up from my body. so i yelled for someone to get over and help me, but no one came. so i called down and went with what they taught us to do as kids stop drop and roll. so i did that but all the ammo pouches i had on my vest was still allowing air to get to the flames. so i had to stand back up and took off my vest and rolled in the dirt again. but this time it worked. so after i got most of the flames out, i got back up and put out the rest of the fire with hands while looking for my partner Dak. but i couldn't find him, they told me later on when i was in the hospital that my dog Dak had passed away and he didn't make it out of the truck. but he gave his life to save mine. so i spent 4 months in the hospital, a little over 2 years total going threw rehab and surgeries. i have had 18 surgeries. i was burned on 54% of my body had a right broken ankle, broken wrist, and a dislocated elbow. so know i have a rod the run about half the length of my right for arm and pins and screws in my right ankle as well. if you'd like to now more feel free and ask i have no problem talking about it. :explosion

yea thats why i posted this up. cause i now someone was going to come knock on door asking for a hit. lol

Did you hear about that girl who got toasted at 7-11 yesterday?
Now THAT would suck!

appreciate your time and service, sorry it ended the way it did and about your dog. are you through your recovery? anything you need to make life easier right now? I know burns are tough to deal with, and ankles (just shattered mine)

i'm doing good now, back to doing everything i was doing before i got hurt. yea i'm done with recovery but will have to go back for a couple more touch up surgeries. losing my dog Dak was the hardest part for me to deal with.

Hey man, that is an incredible story. You kinda told me a little bit at the shop, but that is crazy.

I talked to Teddy Wayne Perry too. He said to tell you "Hi".

Dallas

Great Joe, ruin your cover story about the meth lab... I still like that one better. Anyway Joe I will see your fried butt next Thursday to get some of those parts on. You might want to bring a friend so you don't have to walk home when I don't get your rig done...

Damn man, that is nuts, glad your getting better!

Wow... amazing story. Thank you for your service and making America a better and safer place to live in!!

AHHH he's full of shit he just don't like red meat :D

AHHH he's full of shit he just don't like red meat :D

man, twice in one thread I got beat to both my "A" and "B" smartass comments! bastards - great meeting you last week, and way cool that you don't hesitate to talk about it, make fun of it, and just get on with your life... not everyone can deal with adversity that well. Good on ya, and thanks, man.:peace:

i'm glad your recovery has gone well, and i am so saddened about your friend.

thank you for your service to our country.

Ok, you are off the hook for the avatar. At least you have a strong sense of humor working for you.

Thanks for your service!

You are alright in my book!! I have been serving my country for almost 15 years and counting...... Been to the sand box and a few other places that sucked.... :cheers: :patriot:

Thanks for your service. It's people like you that make it possible for people like me to set in front of our computers reading threads on NAXJA. Thanks, Steve

Wow what a story. Can't thank you enough for your servise. It was really nice to meet ya and hangout tonight at sonic. We'll have to go wheelin sometime.

Back