• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How does one measure steering angle?

Jeff 98XJ WI

NAXJA Forum User
I am building a custom rig (detailed in Advanced Tech under 5.3, 4L60E, Klune etc.) and am working on the steering right now. The setup I have can swing my steering knuckles from steering stop to steering stop with no problem. However, exactly how much steering is that? When I remove the stop bolts (Ford HP Dana 60 steering knuckles) I can actually steer a bit further before the box (WJ) hits it's limits. How much more can the steering knuckles turn beyond the stock stops? How does one measure this? I know the U-joints need to be able to handle whatever swing I can create, but disregarding this for now, how do I measure how much the knuckles swing? Thanks for any ideas, Jeff

Interesting idea, but this rig is completey immobile sitting in my garage. It doesn't even have a rear axle or rear anything! :) It's cut off behind the cab and I haven't done a thing with it yet. Jeff

Back