• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How do I get behind this?

Foam actually traps and holds moisture!

is the herc not pourable? if not can it be thinned so it can be poured the only other thing i would suggest would be caulking or roofing tar but i dont know how hot it gets there and silicon smell is pretty hard to get used to and rid of

I just herc'd my interior. I just said screw it and herc'd over the hump and got in there as much as I could with the brush. I figure it's no worse off than it was. Plus there's no carpet in anymore to hold moisture in, so it should actually be better off than it was before.

You could also get the seat sliders from pre 95 models that don't use that hump, cut it out, mount the new slider, drill hole for where front two bolts need to go, then when done just put normal bolt, washer and nut on there.

I just herc'd my interior. I just said screw it and herc'd over the hump and got in there as much as I could with the brush. I figure it's no worse off than it was. Plus there's no carpet in anymore to hold moisture in, so it should actually be better off than it was before.

Yea I think Im going to go with this route did any one else have a hard time getting the torx seat belt bolts out? the front seat ones came out fine and the middle rear one came out with out too much trouble. but the lower side two heads striped. I even hit them with liquid wrench and and tapped them with a hammer to shock the rust lose.

Im going to try to give them two flat sides with a cut off wheel so I can get on them with a wrench tomorrow. If that doesent work I guess Im going to have to drill them out.

and one more thing are the bolts in the rear a lower grade the the front seat ones? It looks like they are? people who sit in the back seat must not matter as much?

You can buy some aluminum tape and cover the holes, and the gaps along the floor. Rough up the metal tape with some sand paper, and herc over the entire area. Once the herc is on top of the tape, you should be fine.

al-1.jpg

Back