• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

horrible wobble

Dude, triple check EVERYTHING. Tires, TRE's, TB bracket, bushings, unit bearings, wheels, anything that has to do with the front end.

Dude, triple check EVERYTHING. Tires, TRE's, TB bracket, bushings, unit bearings, wheels, anything that has to do with the front end.

It's all new! Everything. I don't even have it right now. I took it to Sunfire Offroad for sye, figure out the wobble and some other stuff. I'm so tired of f***in with it.

Man, I feel your pain. I've been in your shoes. This is one of those things that the folks on the internet can't really help you with.

Mine isn't near as bad as yours but the only thing I have left to do is replace control arm bushings. I've replaced everything else.

Ok well the S.O.R. UTK kit doesn't come with a steering stabilizer. So they put one on. They put back on my sway bar. And rotated tires. My front are shot so rotated them. Put on sye and ds and took it for a drive. Said that between 40-45 it wanted to wobble a little but he pulled it up to 65 and never had a shake. So got back to the shop and power braked it a bit to rotate front axle. Bushings on lower control arms are bad and upper control arms. And of course rough country doesn't make my bushings anymore so i have to get new lower control arms. Should be done Friday......Grrrrr

A trick to get themout is if you have an air chisel, or hammer and chisel, dent the small side like a bottlecap, this breaks the rust loose, and partially crushes the sleve, making it easier to remove.

Don't forget to anti sieze the new ones

Ugh!!!! Ok so i got all that s**t fixed.....and still wobbles! Wtf?! Has new lower control arms. And I mean new. 0 miles on them. New bushings on uppers axle and jeep side. Steering stabilizer, new ball joints, wheel bearings, new one ton steering, adjustable track bar with new heim and bushing still looks good...and still wobbles....also found out the front pinion bearing is out.....could the little bit of play in that cause the wobble??? I'm lost! Anyone wanna buy a jeep?

I seriously doubt that would cause the wobble.

Do you have a way to borrow someones wheels and tires? Or did you try that already?

I've sure I've already asked and you already told me but what's your castor set at again?

Man, reading this thread has me discouraged. I haven't put nearly that much $ into mine. My '98 with 3" and 31's has a vibration above 60 mph that I've been chasing for almost a year. I just said screw it. Anyway, misery loves company:)

Next is take off your shocks... Are they done? I know when I hit pot holes the tire wanted to bounce like a basket ball. And I know if there is slop in ANYTHING like your heims, new or not you will still have DW... I'd also check your wheels for balance, or at the very least move your fronts to the back in a chris cross pattern, your wheels might be cupping or it could be possible one is bent. Oh and this isn't far from out of reason. Are your wheels clean from mud? Enough mud will act like a wheel weight and throw your wheels of and cause a vibration.

Man, reading this thread has me discouraged. I haven't put nearly that much $ into mine. My '98 with 3" and 31's has a vibration above 60 mph that I've been chasing for almost a year. I just said screw it. Anyway, misery loves company:)

If yours is just a vibration, check your driveline for bad u joints, put it in neutral and lift the back Tires off the ground with a jack and see if it has any play in the u joints. If those are ok, maybe your a lucky one that needs a transfer case drop. Maybe shim your rear axle to fix your driveline angle...

It's fixed!!!!!!! Still VERY very slight shake. But I still don't have my new tires or front u joint and pinion bearing. But i got it up to 65-70 AND NO SHAKE!!!!!!!!

Plus a whole front end of new parts lol :-s crappy pic. I just took it and it was on my phone so crappy pic
IMAG0005.jpg

Back