• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Horn stuck?

JTwthaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I snapped the timing chain in my stroker a few months ago, pulled the motor went through it. Motor is back in, just finished reconnecting everything today, wires etc. Connected the power wires to the battery and TA DA! Horn constant blarring, I'm a little hung over so I disconnected the wires to the battery and went back to the house. I did replace the steering wheel while the jeep was out of comission, could I have done anything wonky there. It unbolted and unplugged fine... Bolted and plugged up fine too (it was a stock wheel from the parts yard, mine's a country, donor was a sport)

Thanks,

Anti-theft system?

Did you replace anything in the column?

If the horn parts in the column are too tight they'll stay on constantly.

You might have a worn out contact plate in the steering wheel. The plate sits behind the horn button and should have a concave shape. If it has become flattened it will make contact when the horn button is not pushed. The fix is to take a ball pein hammer and work the center of the contact plate to restore the concave shape. Then it should be O.K. for a while.

Thanks guys thats got to be the issue, I knew that the airbag/horn part that I took out I put back in, in the same orientation. I just need to back those bolts off a little. Thought that was a possiblity, just didn't know for sure. Appreciate the humor, but if it puts my life in jeopardy I don't work on it with beers nearby.

Back