• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hope the planets line up right

Boatwrench

NAXJA Forum User
My trip to Moab is in peril. Went to Jury Duty and was told to report back tomorrow morning for further selection processing. Played the "hey I'm in the military with critical responsibilities" card and it didn't fly with the judge.

Got to work this afternoon and the puzzle palace (HQ) dropped a bombshell that the project I'm working on that was due in 1.5 years now needs to be completed by summer and my Captain wants me to get up to Anchorage and get started soon.

Got home and wife dumped on me that there is some stupid parent board thing at the daughters school Saturday night and she's the president so I have to be there!

I'm hosed.

I can work the Captain and the bride, but the judge is another matter. If I can get bounced off the jury I can leave San Francisco sunday morning and hopefully make it by Tuesday morning. Let's keep the fingers crossed. I haven't been this excited about a vacation in a long long time.

Hopefully 56 hours to pulling chocks.

Tom

what the hell, that really sucks man

why does all this sh!t keep happening all in this week?

good luck man!

What?????

You can't go to jury duty when you have a vacation planned. You tell them you have vacation plans and can't make it that week, and they reschedule you to another week. I know, I got called for this week also. I rescheduled for early December. Why did you play the important military card when all you have to do is say you have vacation plans?

The parent board thing also can't happen if you are on vacation, but it's really no big deal. Leaving on Sunday is fine, that's when I'm leaving.

Don't know what to tell you about the Captain, except that you have reservations and plans, and you'll work extra hard when you get back.

Looks like you might have already blown it with the judge, except being honest with them that you have vacation plans might still get you excused.

Good luck, :) :)

Tell the judge the accused is guilty, guilty, guilty and that you think a hanging is in order. Tell the judge a public hanging is a great deterrent, too. It might get you off jury duty. :rolleyes:

Tom

Jury duty is easy - no problem at all. The trick is to come across as a person who can't be impartial. No matter what kind of case they put in front of you, say you have a preconceived idea about which side should win and that you would never, ever vote for the other side.
If that's taking too long - you just blow outta there. They won't come looking for you. You won't get arrested until after your return from Moab, at which point you have less of a problem because you need a place to sleep anyway (after missing the wife's presidential thing) and you'll have plenty of time without interruptions to work on whatever it is the Captain wants to slide in front of you.
:D

get on the defense attorney's "bad side" he wont let you sit long if you will make it difficult for him... show up with a newspaper and read the headlines outloud and proclaim each "suspect's" guilt in a very uninformed manner... anything goes when Moab is at stake tom!!!!!
mike

Well,
Sat there waiting to speak to the judge, had a get out of jury free letter because it turns out CG guys ARE exempt by federal law at the discretion of thier CO. After sitting with no motion/co motion the judge comes into the courtroom and tell us the case settled, were all free to leave.

Going to Anchorage in two weeks.

Still have to attend the parent board dinner/dance Saturday night, but

Leaving for Moab Sunday AM at the butt crack of dawn, zero dark thirty. (ok 6am) Hoping to make Wendover, NV Sunday night and roll into Moab Monday. Need to get some welding done at Moab Off-Road before hitting the trails. Looking forward to meeting you all.

Mike I'll be in slickrock, light green '00 XJ, stock except ORGS supernerfs.
Tom

Back