• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hooray! The Murderer of my friend gets LIFE!!!!

The Hard Struggler

NAXJA Forum User
This worthless sack of dog squeeze shot and killed my friend John, a bartender at The Standard, back in Jan. 2009.

nigger.jpg

He gets life plus 70 years, ........I'll take the sentence........... but I would have rather shot him in the back of the head and tried not to get any on me.

Some info in my old post here on NAXJA,

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=980312

Here is a link to local news channel.

http://www.cbsatlanta.com/news/27135281/detail.html

And a photo of John on another news channel.

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/redding-to-move-gang-871642.html

Think i'm going to have a 19 year Lagavulin just for you buddy........

Last edited:
glad to hear he will be punished for his crime. 2 months ago the man who murdered a friend of mine's little sister was sentenced to life without parole for beating her to death outside a bar and dumping her body in the mountains in pieces.

I know exactly how you feel right now. I hope your friend can rest peacefully now.

That dirty rat bastard got what he deserved.

(I just picked up 16 yr Lagavulin last night, really great stuff. Can't imagine what the 19 yr is like)

I'm all for the death penalty in place of life plus whatever. If you're saying he is so bad he should never be let out, why pay to keep him alive in there?

I'm in favor of the death penalty when precise circumstances are met (most of which are irrelevant here) but in this case the jury determined "guilt" based on the argument that the shots from the gun that he is assumed to have used would have killed the victim if some other perp had not finished the job first. Pretty thin grounds for execution by the state. You held a gun once, that gun was used to wound somebody who subsequently died from something else, therefore we are going to execute you.

I've no doubt the guy needs to be locked up for a long time but he does not qualify for capital punishment.

Last edited:
That dirty rat bastard got what he deserved.

(I just picked up 16 yr Lagavulin last night, really great stuff. Can't imagine what the 19 yr is like)

My mistake, it was the regular 16yr Lagavulin.

Glad to hear he got life, Tim! Too bad his life couldn't be ended with a hollow point. You're good people so I can imagine your buddy was too! :cheers:

Life +70 is too lenient - an eye for an eye then he should burn in hell.
Some punk ass P.O.S. gang banger is useless in the first place - and has no redeemable human value.

But at the minimum he will hopefully never be free again.

:flame:

My thoughts....
Life Without Parole and Life+X should be taken off the books in place of capital punishment, however the evidence needs to leave absolutely no doubt. If there's any bit of gray area then just plain old Life will have to do.
When you commit a crime, you know full and well what the risks are. So, if convicted (of anything), you should become property of the U.S. Gov't for as long as you're in prison or on parole. As such, the gov't can do whatever they want with/to you.
Those sentenced to death should simply be shot at the base of the skull with a small caliber (.22 or .380). Cheap, minimal mess, more humane IMO (instant death as opposed to waiting for the chemicals to slowly kill you) and preserves all of the organs. Which, as property of the US Gov't and pending they're in good condition, should be harvested and given to hospitals.
Gruesome, maybe, but it saves thousands in tax $$s and will help people waiting on the donor lists so instead of waiting months or even years for a kidney, liver, etc. they might have to wait a couple weeks. Eliminate a worthless criminal, save a good person's life.

I remember you posting about this murder Tim. Glad to see he was caught and put away. Sad to see it took so long and he will get 3 meals a day and room and board where your friend is simply gone. I guess it's justice but somehow I just don't see it that way. I sometimes wonder if maybe there needs to be more done. I know what it's like to loose a close friend to drug/gang violence. However, I don't know what it feels like to see the guy caught.

I agree, he needs a shot in the head. Although that might be too good for him. At least he will never see the outside of those prison walls again.

It will be interesting to see what happens to those 18 adults who raped an 11 year old child in Texas. Can you believe they are all out on bail.

Life +70 is too lenient - an eye for an eye then he should burn in hell.
Some punk ass P.O.S. gang banger is useless in the first place - and has no redeemable human value.

But at the minimum he will hopefully never be free again.

:flame:

X2

There's one word that can pretty much sum up this guy as a human and as a "man" - worthless

He should be discarded like a used tissue.

Thanks for the kind words guys. The Standard was never the same place to me and mine after that. Rebecca and I and our friends were in there 3 or 4 times a month and got to know most of the staff well, John especially so.

Never went back after the murder, didn't seem right......

Back