• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hood scoop.

Haven't upload pics to my album yet. I will upload pics and post the link to my album.
Anyway the hood scoop didn't come up the way I thought, i'm seriously considering buy a new hood and leave the plastic piece that say Vortec outside of it. That way itnlooks much cleaner than the way it looks now.

Thanks

yeah interested to see some finished pics aswell. Just curious, how much does gas cost in chile?

Thats in Chilean (spelling?) dollars right?

At a cheap place its like $2.90 for 87 octane.

Here are the pics of the finished product. I'm open to critisism or suggestions.

DSC02951.JPG

DSC02956.JPG

DSC02857.JPG

DSC02859.JPG

Here´s my 8 years old son and my Jeep.

DSC02959.JPG

Thanks!

HAHAHA............. Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but if you say that for the Jeep you should've said "Se ve muy bonito" which means "It looks Nice" In Chile we speak normal spanish with a funny accent hehe......

Looks nice. It really grows on you.

Being a fabricator myself, I understand the hours that went into it. Well done. That is something you have a right to be proud of.

Thanks for the compliments guys, I really appreciate it!

CharlesS, I installed a V8 because I already had a stroker and wanted more power, Actually now I'm thinking in replacing my 5.3 for an LS2.

Thanks Again!

Very nice....
Can I inquire why did you installed a V-8 instead of building a 4.7L stroker?
Actually you answered my question in an earlier post.

This must be your attemp at humor?

A 5.3L or better isn't even in the same category as the slow, underpowered strokers. Anybody who has been on sand knows the 4.whateverL is useless. Now that I have had mine in the sand, mud AND rocks I would not want anything else -ever.

True, Not speaking from experience, but I feel that a raw v8 power is needed for any kind of sand driving.

Man your cherokee looks awesome though. Is there a big (relatively speaking) following of cherokees in chile? Bigger then wranglers? See any "renegade" cherokees with the D44 front end?

Thats rough on the fuel cost, but you know how it is.... Just Empty Every Pocket....

Actually I get better millage with my V8 than with my stroker.
About power, there´s a HUGE difference between the stroker and my V8, The Jeep rides better, this engine runs smoother than my 4.6L, sounds Beautifull, it's hands down the best mod ever. Plus you can kick ricers ass all day long.... hehe..
We have a group of XJ's here in Chile, you can visit us at: www.cherokeeowners.cl

Back