• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Honda website doesnt have NAXJA people!!!

silverslk

NAXJA Forum User
Some of you guys know I just bought my wife a 94 accord for $1200. So, since I am of the type that cant leave things alone.....I have found "honda-tech.com" haha Anyway, I was reading a thread over there and ran across this

"I know to lube the hinges, that's a no brainer. I guess I forgot to say that I'm an ASE Certified mechanic.
emsmile.gif
What is the strike plate? The part that's lose is the part that goes into the door jamb. It's got a little piece that's supposed to lock in place somehow and not move. I guess I can take a look at it more today.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get a new cluster. The only way I know of to fix the gas gauge needle is to just get a new cluster. I'll also have to look more into the dimmer thing today. Are you guys sure there's not a fuse for the dimmer switch? I guess that it could maybe just not be hooked up too. It basically seems like it's turned all the way down because I've got no dash lights besides the cluster lights for the aftermarket gauge overlay. "

Just had to laugh that he stated he was ASE certified...hahaha

Last edited:
silverslk said:
Some of you guys know I just bought my wife a 94 accord for $1200. So, since I am of the type that cant leave things alone.....I have found "honda-tech.com" haha Anyway, I was reading a thread over there and ran across this

"I know to lube the hinges, that's a no brainer. I guess I forgot to say that I'm an ASE Certified mechanic.
emsmile.gif
What is the strike plate? The part that's lose is the part that goes into the door jamb. It's got a little piece that's supposed to lock in place somehow and not move. I guess I can take a look at it more today.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get a new cluster. The only way I know of to fix the gas gauge needle is to just get a new cluster. I'll also have to look more into the dimmer thing today. Are you guys sure there's not a fuse for the dimmer switch? I guess that it could maybe just not be hooked up too. It basically seems like it's turned all the way down because I've got no dash lights besides the cluster lights for the aftermarket gauge overlay. "

Just had to laugh that he stated he was ASE certified...hahaha

That's one of them Honda guys for ya! :D

silverslk said:
What scares me even more is he is "ASE certified" do they certify anyone? haha

Yes...they will certify just anyone that can pass a test... You can be the dumbest of dumb and pass the test to be certified... I have seen ASE master techs that could not diagnose their way out of a paper bag, fresh out of trade school.. Just my .02$

Clean-RC said:
Yes...they will certify just anyone that can pass a test... You can be the dumbest of dumb and pass the test to be certified... I have seen ASE master techs that could not diagnose their way out of a paper bag, fresh out of trade school.. Just my .02$

Thats awesome. I guess its like anything. Some people test well but are not really smart. While others may not test well but can fix ANYTHING.

BTW did you go look at that axle? Was I wrong?

After picking up a new Honda Ridgeline i started hanging out in the Truck and SUV selection. Knowledge is great sometimes you have to take the good with the bad.

Last edited:
I don't hang out on forums for Hondas. Mainly because I plan on keeping my 06 Accord stock... and forums give me ideas.

:D I only buy American, I wouldn't know about those forums. I have never cared about mileage and probably never will. In fact, my next project will be dropping either a nice built small block or a 440 BB into my '68 Plymouth Fury, and I'm hoping to make a bunch of liberals angry when I drop the loud pedal to the floor and contribute to our Greenhouse Effect.:thumbup:

Back