• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade vents

Some people actually care about their rig and dont feel like having it look like shit...

Bah, if you're going to do it, do it right! they'll fit....

Floor+vent2.JPG

Had some free time so I was able to install some vents in my hood to help drop the underhood temps a little... Let me know what you guys think...

Photo_110309_001.jpg

Photo_110309_003.jpg

Photo_110309_004.jpg

Photo_110309_009.jpg

Photo_110409_001.jpg

Photo_110409_011.jpg

I'll hit all my electrical connectors with di-electric to prevent any issues with rain but if I do have problems I'll probably add drip pans on each side... I'll see what happens after a few trips in the rain...

Starboard I gotta say, yours look good, but I kinda like the other ones better.

Hmmm...maybe those would work OK with a top cover for keeping weather out. Like a hood scoop, only backwards.

Hmmm...maybe those would work OK with a top cover for keeping weather out. Like a hood scoop, only backwards.

I bought two sheets of magnets to use for mine. When I dont need the holes or it is raining, the magnets go over the holes. When I need them on the trail, the magnets come off and stick to the roof.

I bought mine from some company online that sell them for people use them for advertising on the side of trucks. Mine have stayed on at 70mph(on a trailer), and no issues.

edit:
Starboard I gotta say, yours look good, but I kinda like the other ones better.
I agree. The ones you posted look 10x better than mine, but I am more about function than looks. Call them "speed holes" and the coolness factor of my Jeep doubles.

Back