• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homemade quick-disconnect mod?

hopefully my answer makes sense. I had a 99 and found out like you that a hammer was not up to the job. So I ground off the head flush and then found 8 washers and put them on the threaded side and then put the nut back on the threaded side. All you have to do then is tighten the nut and it will pull it through. I used the homemade disco mod for 3 years and just actually replaced them with Rough country discos a couple of nights ago. The homemade were fine until I went above 3 inches and then they rub the springs. if you plan to keep them past 3 inches you will have to extend them somehow. It gets annoying anytime you hit a bump and you hear it hit your springs. I have no welder so I just dealt with it until rough country was running a sale on disco's for 40 shipped last month and I jumped on it.

Good idea. Now, I just gotta find some place to grind off the head.

Back