• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Home made Winch Bumper

damn man that looks so good props to you. how much that cost you to make? wish i could cut and weld metal so i could make my own cuz im like you i don't have a whole lot of money to be spending on a bumper

Ben824 said:
damn man that looks so good props to you. how much that cost you to make? wish i could cut and weld metal so i could make my own cuz im like you i don't have a whole lot of money to be spending on a bumper

I had some of the materials in the scrap pile already so all told I have about $100 in the materials...

Thanks again guys :D

That looks bloody fantastic. do you have any pics of how you tied it to the body, and how you tied in the tow hooks?

racer32 said:
I was re-wiring the remote plug harness and found the most interesting thing of the weekend. This was under the protective sheathing of the harness:

mini-IMG_0755.jpg

I coulda told you that.

Smittybilt SRC, Chicago Electric (Harbor Freight brand) and Milemarker, all made by Milemarker in their factory. There are some others as well that purchase their relabeled winches from MM.

Oh, and nice work on the bumper!

Pants said:
That looks bloody fantastic. do you have any pics of how you tied it to the body, and how you tied in the tow hooks?
The tow points are welded to the frame brackets and penetrate the front side of the bumper:

diagram.jpg

You can see the angled portion of that piece here with the solenoid attached to it:

frame.jpg

The frame brackets are pretty standard 6 hole:

frame2.jpg

Back