• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holy Massive Forum Batman!

RQqqqq

NAXJA Forum User
I just logged on to start to try and get some info on XJ's that I'll be getting soon for my son. This forum is massive!
What I need to do more than anything is get my hands on one and get started. I've missed a couple of deals and backed out on others. Usually when Im looking for something it will show up and I buy it. Not these XJs!
They're either priced too high or need a motor. Of course I'm looking for a '97 or newer so that's narrowed the search a good bit.
I'm sure I'll be around, if nothing else reading all of the info already here.

welcome, there is a huge amount of information here as you've noticed. just about everything that CAN be done to an XJ HAS been done by someone here, you just have to dig for what you want to know.

:cheers:

I just logged on to start to try and get some info on XJ's that I'll be getting soon for my son. This forum is massive!
What I need to do more than anything is get my hands on one and get started. I've missed a couple of deals and backed out on others. Usually when Im looking for something it will show up and I buy it. Not these XJs!
They're either priced too high or need a motor. Of course I'm looking for a '97 or newer so that's narrowed the search a good bit.
I'm sure I'll be around, if nothing else reading all of the info already here.

97-99 is gonna be your best bet on an XJ. the 00-01 had the 0331 head which is known to crack, causing an overheat and you a serious headache. Welcome to the forum, check the place out and introduce yourself in your chapter. Also, be prepared for some ribbing! :D

looks lie an emergency vehicle as well. So, bigger brakes, high idle switch, big alternator and HD cooling most likely.

The downside is that the wiring harness is probably pretty hacked up. When departments remove equipment they don't generally care about the vehicle, just the equipment.

Back