• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HOLY CRAP!

Georgia Mike

NAXJA Forum User
:scared:

Steel has gotten outragious! I just bought 1 piece of 1.5x3x3/16 box tubing and 1 piece of 1.5x1.5x3/16 square tubing, and almost fell out when they told me how much! I called around to a few different suppliers and found the cheapest (cheap being a relative term here) and bit the bullet.

Anybody need a set of rocker rails built?? :confused1

I'll build them just like I built my last set, only this time I'm going to use 3 legs to the frame instead of just 2. Take a look at AJ's standard rails and that's pretty much the way mine will look, except I'm using 1.5"X3"X3/16" box tubing, not just plain old square tube. Nothing fancy, just solid rocker protection, and you can use them as a Hi Lift jacking point, as well.

I'm pretty sure that 2 doors and 4 doors have the same wheelbase, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Last edited:
I want tell you how munch all that steel for the cage and other things I have was! :) :wow:

Yes, they'll have a place to attach to the pinch seams. I'm still working out the design, and I may just stick with only 2 legs, as it looks as if all the other designs I've seen only use 2 as well, so maybe 3 would just be overkill, and extra unneeded weight.

Not too sure on shipping, but it will probably be quite a bit. I've seen pricing on other sets range from $45-$75 for shipping, but whatever it costs me is what it would cost you. I don't think it's fair to overcharge on shipping things.

Back