• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

holly hell!

austinaubinoe

NAXJA Forum User
Last edited:
VERY nice looking engine! I'd be curious to know how much power it's putting out.

But the axles and suspension are pretty sad, especially for that amount of power. Front 9", rear d44, sort of backwards. SOA lift, stock springs (or at least stock ride height), and stock width axles. A CJ built like that is not very stable, my CJ's bad enough with just the factory 304 in it (stock axles, SOA with stock springs), and you almost knock your teeth out when you hit a bump. If you're going to spend that much on an engine, build the suspension right too.

If it were me, I'd put another 9" in the rear, go back to spring under with some YJ lift springs, and outboard the rear springs even if it means an inch or two wider axles. A jeep like that would probably want front and rear sway bars too.

Seems to be missing the upper half of the rear bumper too

$23k is a steal for that thing. I'm building a dual-supercharged Mustang right now and the guy's got well over $50k in it just in parts.
As for power, I'm guessing high hundreds. The engine going in the Mustang just dyno'd 1300ish untuned, but that's a 427 and the superchargers are so big they had to be custom made.

Back