• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holcomb Creek AAT project 2/19-20

Re: Holcomb Creek AAT project

I'm down for a yellow post site. Don't mind sharing either. I get lonely :D

Another option would be to grab a site or two at Holcomb Valley CG.

OK it seems schedules are shifting some, which is totally understandable.

So far I have for Saturday
jeprovo
WebDog
JohnX
johnnyc

and Sunday
karstic
jeprovo
WebDog
johnnyc

Cracker do you honestly think Beamer will make it?

It looks like we may a spot or two open each day. Any more takers?

You must meet the rig/equipment requirements.

If I cant make it, I would gladly loan my trailer to the cause. That may help someone be able??

If I cant make it, I would gladly loan my trailer to the cause. That may help someone be able??

John that would be great.

Just to be clear we won't running the whole trail. We'll be rebuilding the east end of the trail that was washed out so work crews can get in and remove hazard trees.

Okay, officially out for the whole deal, sorry guys.

My trailer is ready to roll if anyone wants to borrow it for the weekend.

thanks to all who will be working on the trail. i have done that trail several times with the Sons of Thunder and IE4w. i was sadden when it was closed due to fire damage.upset that i had heard from several people that went to Forest Fest last year that the trail was supposedly open to Hikers and Horse back only.thanks to all who will be working on it again.

Beamer and I are out. MJs are not up to the task do to unforeseen circumstances.

Ok I found out last night that this project is open to anyone with a few conditions.

You MUST have the proper PPE, hard hat, long sleeved shirt, long pants and over the ankle boots. Also recommended are heavy work gloves and eye protection.

We will NOT be running the trail. The only vehicles that will be allowed on the trail are those that are transporting rocks, ie trailers or MJ's.

Other vehicles will be parked out on 3N14.

Plan on being there the entire day. The work will take place behind locked gates. Come in in the morning and leave in the afternoon.

I will post up more of the logistics (meeting time and place, any add'l info, etc) on Monday.

Any updates on if this will be cancelled due to snow?

Oh and you guys missed out on a good workday this past weekend ;-)

Initial weather forecasts are not looking good at all. We will NOT be doing trail maintenance in inclement weather. We will make the final go or no go decision on Thursday 2/17 and post the information to this Yahoo group.

Meeting time and place: Fawnskin Fire Station 9am on both days. Please be on time as we will be conducting a safety meeting before heading to the trail.

We will not be running the trail.

Tools needed: Boulder bars and shovels. We will also need trailers for transporting the rock. If you have a trailer please bring it.

Everyone needs to have PPE: Long pants; Long sleeve shirt; Over the ankle boots; Hard hat; Leather work gloves.

Eye protection is never a bad idea.

Lunch will be on the trail both days.

CB: Channel 4

Doug Guimond
MJR Trail Crew Leader

Any updates on if this will be cancelled due to snow?

Oh and you guys missed out on a good workday this past weekend ;-)

Were you there on Saturday or Sunday?

Even if the work party is cancelled, I'd be up for going up on Saturday and playing in the snow. Max?

Back