• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hit Jeep worth it?

CDDOG2122

NAXJA Forum User
K so this guy i know has been trying to sell this cherokee cause he has no use for it but it has been hit in the back left side. He's willing to sell it to me for $1500.. engine, transmission and everything runs fine and it passed emissions and everything but i want to know if you guys think its worth it?

Inside:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...2/back1998.jpg

Back:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../bacck1998.jpg

Hit Side:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...iddeof1998.jpg

Good Side:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...G2122/1998.jpg

4.0L
4wd
Power Everything
Good Tires

Also what would be the cheapest way to repair it? Thanks for any help. Just deciding if i should add another Jeep to the family.
(I also posted this over at jeepforum.com for more results)

$1500 I don't think you could go to wrong. Heck it's just got a good start on the trimming to make it a nice trail rig :sunshine: From the looks of it, I'd buy it, build it & wheel it. You could even part it out for more than $1500. Like I said build it & wheel it. Takes the worry out of scatching it.

Rob $.02

I've thought about just taking all my lift and wheels and putting it on this and making the '95 the daily driver? i'm not to worried about fixing it since it still runs fine but can i use 1990 parts on it? I have a 1990 cherokee just sitting in the backyard not running and could tear that up and fix this up if possible? thanks for the quick replies

I'm pretty sure the 90 front fender will fit. No help for tailgate, front panel and rear lights. Suspension parts should fit, but not drive shafts. Wheels will fit. Rear quarter could be a challenge, but is certainly doable if you have the will. You're probably at a little less than 1/2 price for the age and mileage, meaning that if you're creative and do your own bodywork, especially the painting, you could come out well even if you decide to clean it up completely.

Has the uni frame been checked out? It doesn't look like a bad hit, but it may be something to look into. If it had been hit straight on ok, but off to one side I think that may torque it a bit no?

well i just checcked it out and the unibody is slightly tweaked:gonnablow Can a body shop fix this at all? I got him down to $800 cause of it?

CDDOG2122 said:
well i just checcked it out and the unibody is slightly tweaked:gonnablow Can a body shop fix this at all? I got him down to $800 cause of it?

I'd buy it for $800 and put the drivetrain in a donor body if nothing else.

ratherbcamping said:
I'd buy it for $800 and put the drivetrain in a donor body if nothing else.

X2. Unlesss you're good with body work you're going to spend more than it's worth to fix it up. I'd buy it for a parts rig in a heartbeat for under $1,000. If you're set on buying it...i wouldn't go much over $1,000.

You should be able to find a 97-98 with that mileage without damage for $3k....just something to think about.

Just had a xj at the shop with about the same damage and it is going to take 3k to fix it. I agree with john find another jeep or hell cut it up and make a trail rig out of it...

if you have him down to $800 I would think it would be a good idea to pick it up if for nothing else than for parts. If you have a 90 sitting there are you are good with Jeeps you could certainly make one of your three into a very nice rig, and probably have another on the road with the parts from this latest one. But parting with $800 on something that won't be moving for a long time maybe ever, maybe hard to do.

pikey77 said:
I'd buy it for 800 and just drive it like it is

I wouldn't if the unibody is tweaked enough to make it unalignable. But I agree it has to be worth 800 in parts, and depending on the way the uniframe is tweaked, it might be worthwhile asking around whether there is a body shop that can do the frame straightening and leave you to finish the body work yourself.

Did this with a hit and bent uni-body
DSC00369.JPG
Eastlake_26884.jpg

http://azjeepspeed.com

CDDOG2122 said:
Also what would be the cheapest way to repair it? Thanks for any help. Just deciding if i should add another Jeep to the family.
(I also posted this over at jeepforum.com for more results)

Marry a bodyman, that is what my wife did. $3k repair seems a little lean for that damage. Used inner and outer quarter, used gate, a welder and a year of classes at the local tech school and you will be ready to go.

Buy it for $800 and part it out, or wheel it.

Matthew Currie said:
I wouldn't if the unibody is tweaked enough to make it unalignable. But I agree it has to be worth 800 in parts, and depending on the way the uniframe is tweaked, it might be worthwhile asking around whether there is a body shop that can do the frame straightening and leave you to finish the body work yourself.

Any unibody can be fixed, that is what make them so great. It is just a question of money at that point. I just got done doing a 05 Escape with $22,500 damage which is 77% of threshold. (Ins. Comp. made a bad call on that one and lost their ass) Took me 80 Hours to repair.:repair: Damaged EVERTHING from the front bumper to the backseats.

just buy a couple of body tools and pound it out your self. thats what i would do. or like XJourney said get some used quarter panels and swap them out. the tail gate doesnt have to be replaced if it closes straight but if you want it to look good you should. thats just my tip on how to save money

Back