• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hit a Liberty - damage estimate?

Thats actually not a bad price at all for the repair work on the KJ.

As mentioned, there's a lot more that has to be replaced on those things when this happens. Most of it is the one piece style....not like on a XJ where you got different pieces.

Zoro said:
Sad thing is with the way the Liberty is built they gotta replace just about the whole front clip.

So how hard was the impact? Speed?

Good luck bro

Impact was very light, reminded me of bumper cars. Other driver also agreed it was a very light tap......I'd say 4mph or less, I don't really know. It was nothing, but just enough too.

I was thinking about the same thing and all, switching insurance companies....

I've got a neighbor across the street who works at a bodyshop. Next time I see him I'll have to bring over the bumper and maybe see what he can do. He said if I ever needed anything I should just ask.....so I will! Maybe a few cases of beer will be in order?

Well I pulled the bumper. I was able to push/kick my fender back into shape. You really can't tell too much, it's good enough for me!

JeepFront1.jpg

JeepFront2.jpg

JeepStuff.jpg

Anybody think I should have my alignment checked? I had it done in late November.....
I don't notice anything.......the tire wasn't hit in the "bump" nor was anything bent under there......but I thought I'd ask you guys anyway since, well, you guys are pros with that sort of thing!:rock:

Back