• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hissing after engine is turned off

Interesting- I have that hose as well- only it's obscured by the charcoal can. That is the drain hose, and I'd venture a guess that it's blowing because the fan is on. Easy test- turn the fan off and see if it still blows.

Interesting- I have that hose as well- only it's obscured by the charcoal can. That is the drain hose, and I'd venture a guess that it's blowing because the fan is on. Easy test- turn the fan off and see if it still blows.

X2^^ I can't see anything under the dash other than the blower motor that could move enough air for you to feel it through there. I would have said maybe a leaking heater core was what you are hearing through that hose, but I'd expect to see a coolant puddle on the passenger floorboard if the leak was that large.

double check that the carpet/ backing isn't coolant soaked under the HVAC box and listen for the sound with HVAC controls off (fan still runs on low in other positions).

Back