• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Highest miles on transmission?

210K miles on my trail 91' XJ AW4
133K on my "new" 98' XJ AX15 5 speed

Please state the year of your XJ and what 5 speed the BA10, AX15, or newer NV3500 (I think that's what it's called 00-01').

I want to see if we can beat the Renix XJs here, they might have us in being older, but maybe some people do a lot of highway driving and have a 500K 91'+ AW4 or AX15. Atl XJ, what year XJ and what tranny? That's very impressive 460K!!! :laugh3:

Big Red said:
Atl XJ, what year XJ and what tranny? That's very impressive 460K!!! :laugh3:
Its not mine, but its a guy I know's 94 4.0l/AW4. Its mostly hwy miles and its been well taken care of and it has a transmission cooler. He's on his second engine but the AW4 keep on trucking along.

I swapped in a different AX5 when I converted my MJ. I pulled it from an 86 XJ in the junkyard that had 181K miles on it, and I've put about 15K miles on it since, so I'd guess it's right around 200K;)

I'm not saying it doesn't have any issues...it sounds like a can of marbles in anything over 3rd gear, but it still works:laugh3:
Jeff

220K miles on 93 AW4. not babied, never been apart.

198k ax15 2nd engine.
first one blew #6 rod at 124k (previous owner).
97 i6 had 89k so its around 160k on the 2nd now.
throwout bearing's starting to go, but other than that, just routine
maint... mobile 1 like clockwork.

'92 with AW4 - 218K and change.

Fluid/filter changed every year or 30K, and it shifts like it always has.

Back