• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High Pinion Dana 44 Front Axle w/ CTM, ARB, 5.13 gears

cracker

NAXJA Forum User
The Axle is a high pinion Dana 44 front axle. This axle was built for my 1994 Jeep Cherokee XJ. The housing was built by Currie Enterprises in Anaheim, California with 3/8" axle tubes, 5 degrees of castor, a pinion angle of 11 degrees and to a WMS to WMS (Wheel mounting surface) measurement of 60.5". I chose my axle to be built to this width so I could use off the shelf axle shafts by (axle was built to an 80-84 Jeep Wagoneer width to avoid the need for custom shafts). The outer knuckles are Chevy Flat-Top knuckles machined by Parts Mike in order to run High Steer Arms (which are also manufactured by Parts Mike). The bolt pattern for the wheels are 5 x 5.5. The Hubs are WARN Premium Locking Hubs. The inner Axle Shafts (30 Spline) are ALLOY and are made by Superior and the Outer Axle Shafts are ALLOY and are made by Warn (19 Spline). This axle also has the WORLD'S BEST U-JOINTS made by CTM. These U-Joints have life-time warranties and are basically indestructable. The Center Differential is an ARB Air Locker. The Ring and Pinion was set up by a professional shop and is a 5.13 Yukon Gearset. The Pinion yolk is a Spicer 1310 that accepts U-bolts. Brakes (Not included) are 1/2 Ton Chevy Calipers (available from all auto parts stores). Diff cover is made out of 3/8 plate and was made by BLUE TORCH FAB. Steering (tie rod and drag link)is from PARTS MIKE and is modified for either a Hydraulic Ram (for hydro assist) or a steering stabilizer. Only LUCAS Gear oil has been used in the differential.
As far as bracketry, the axle was made with Clayton's and Rubicon Express parts. The coil cups, lower control arm brackets, shock mounts are made by Claytons. The 'bridge' going over the the top of the differential was made by Rubicon Express. The Upper Control mounts are Currie Johnny Joints to allow for optimal flex. There is a protective guard made to protect either a Hydraulic Ram (for hydro assist) or a steering stabilizer. There is a Panhard Mount (Track bar bracket) that is raised to promote a high(er) 'roll center' as well as allow for perfect steering geometry (I had ZERO bump steer with this set up and it worked perfectly for me). The lower control arm brackets were placed behind the axle tube for optimum clearance under the axle.
The axle will work on a lot of vehicles but will be a close 'bolt in' for a Jeep Cherokee or similar (TJ, ZJ, etc.). Since I am familiar witht he Cherokee, it will be VERY easy to place this in the vehicle with MINOR modifications.
FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

FileHandler.ashx

BLUE TORCH FAB DIFF COVER:
FileHandler.ashx

Axle will come with ARB air line already attached as well as a bleader line already attached.

In addition to getting a great axle, a TON of spare 'TRAIL' parts are being included. I broke VERY little while out on the trail but I was always prepared for the very worst.
FileHandler.ashx

What is included is:

• Spicer Passenger Side axle shaft assembled with U-Joint and Spice Stub Shaft
  • Spicer Driver Side axle shaft assembled with U-Joint and Spice Stub Shaft
  • Spare used Tie Rod (not modified for either a Hydraulic Ram (for hydro assist) or a steering stabilizer)
  • Drag Link (not spare but the only one)(needs new TREs)
  • Adjustable Track Bar with a Johnny Joint on one end and a Heim on the other end (not spare but the only one)
  • ARB Electric Switch with 'Rear Air Locker' button that won't stay on (replacable from ARB)(not spare but the only one)
  • ARB Solenoid for Air Line (not spare but the only one)
  • Spare ARB Air Line(in addition to the line connected to the axle)
  • Spicer Spindle
  • Wheel bearings
  • Inner Hub Seal
  • Passenger Side Tie Rod End (TRE) NEW
  • 2 Spare Spicer Stub Shafts
  • 1 Spare ALLOY Superior Axle Stub Shaft
  • 1 Johnny Joint Rebuild Kit
  • Spare Slinger Seal and Washer
  • Spare Axle Nuts
  • Spare CTM U-Joint ($200 VALUE!!!)
  • Spare 760-5 U-Joint
  • 2 Spare NEW Warn Premium Locking Hubs
  • Spare OEM Drive Flanges (pair)
  • Spare Rotor and Hub
With all thse spares, you should need NO other spare parts at all!!!

Here are the individual pictures of all these items:

[SIZE=+0]

[/SIZE]

• Spicer Passenger Side axle shaft assembled with U-Joint and Spice Stub Shaft
  • Spicer Driver Side axle shaft assembled with U-Joint and Spice Stub Shaft
  • Spare used Tie Rod (not modified for either a Hydraulic Ram (for hydro assist) or a steering stabilizer)
  • Drag Link (not spare but the only one)(needs new TREs)
  • Adjustable Track Bar with a Johnny Joint on one end and a Heim on the other end (not spare but the only one)
FileHandler.ashx

• ARB Electric Switch with 'Rear Air Locker' button that won't stay on (replacable from ARB)(not spare but the only one)
  • ARB Solenoid for Air Line (not spare but the only one)
FileHandler.ashx

• Spare ARB Air Line(in addition to the line connected to the axle)
FileHandler.ashx

• Spicer Spindle
FileHandler.ashx
  • Wheel bearings (used)
  • Inner Hub Seal (used)
FileHandler.ashx

• Passenger Side Tie Rod End (TRE) NEW
FileHandler.ashx

• 2 Spare Spicer Stub Shafts (used)
FileHandler.ashx

• 1 Spare ALLOY Superior Axle Stub Shaft NEW
FileHandler.ashx

• 1 Johnny Joint Rebuild Kit NEW
FileHandler.ashx

• Spare Slinger Seal and Washer NEW
FileHandler.ashx

• Spare Axle Nuts USED
FileHandler.ashx

• Spare CTM U-Joint ($200 VALUE!!!)
FileHandler.ashx

Spare 760-5 U-Joint

FileHandler.ashx

• 2 Spare NEW Warn Premium Locking Hubs
FileHandler.ashx

• Spare OEM Drive Flanges (pair)
FileHandler.ashx

• Spare Rotor and Hub
FileHandler.ashx

This is what it looks like of you choose to use hydro-assist on the axle (not included):
FileHandler.ashx

A couple of notes:
Tie rods (both one installed and spare) are 100% usable but not perfectly straight
Tie rod on the axle (currently installed) has a solid alloy sleeve inside for additional strength
TREs on Drag should be replaced (parts ES2027L and ES2234R)
TRE on the passenger side of the axle is almost new and the drivgers side seems 'ok'.
Johnny Joints on axle/track bar should be serviced.

Please assume freight will be in the $150-300 range (possibly more) when bidding. I get GREAT trucking rates through my employer and I can assure you that you will get the best price possible. For example, I shipped an axle from Salt Lake to Los Angeles and it only costs me $150. If you live in the LA area you are more than welcome to pick it up to save $ on shipping.

$3000 OBO
Location, Pasadena, CA

SOLD

Back