• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

High flow cat

Root Moose

NAXJA Forum User
I thought I had a part number for a high flow cat but can't seem to nail down which one to use for a bolt in Manga flow 2.5 cat... or are there better options?

Anyone have the part number handy?

I figure just using a universal 2.5 would work. I had a cacto cat in my firebird for quite some time, little cheaper. Id go with magnaflow/carsound just because of better reviews/proven quality.

I'm curious if a hi-flo cat really offers any gains? Also will it throw a codes on the downstream o2 because of the increase in EGTs and flow?

So, more digging on this and leaning towards a spun converter since nothing "direct fit" seems to exist for my Jeep (2001 with three cats). I'm getting my buddy's busy shop to do the install and was hoping to save the guys some time futzing is all.

Anyone want to school me on what I'm looking for? 2.5" in and out and the higher the cell count the better?

Looking at this one with an O2 bung:

http://performance-curve.com/2goerlichcatalyticconverterobdii608214-1-2-1.aspx

This would be combined with the Banks Torque Tube Headers, Catco Pre-Converters, and the Gibson Stainless cat back. I guess I'll get a 2.5" S pipe made up locally and get a flex coupling added at the same time.

Comments? Better option on the cat? I'm content with the sound of the Gibson cat back. I don't want something that will be tiresome at hour two of a twelve hour drive.

I'm on the original O2 sensors (all three). Should I change them now while the system is coming apart?

Thanks.

Back