• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

hey everyone read this, this is wierd........ I NEED SOME MAJOR HELP!!!!!

85cherokoholic

NAXJA Forum User
i think i have narrowed it down to why my 1985 jeep cherokee pioneer dies when i make a left turn slowly, when i mean dies, it sounds like it wants to run out of gas........ i left it idleing earlier, and my friend decided to rock it, you know like rocking the the body from one side to the other.... and then it sounded like it was wanting to die..... when i got him to try it again, it actually died, does anyone know why it would do something like this. hec it would be the same as if i was rock crwaling and i know now that it would die. im glad i havent done that yet:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:.... anyone have any ideas??????????

im not really sure or smart about things like that but my best guess would be its a carb prob or a fuel pump sorry i hope you get more help then i gave you

i think i have narrowed it down to why my 1985 jeep cherokee pioneer dies when i make a left turn slowly, when i mean dies, it sounds like it wants to run out of gas........ i left it idleing earlier, and my friend decided to rock it, you know like rocking the the body from one side to the other.... and then it sounded like it was wanting to die..... when i got him to try it again, it actually died, does anyone know why it would do something like this. hec it would be the same as if i was rock crwaling and i know now that it would die. im glad i havent done that yet:wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow::wow:.... anyone have any ideas??????????

Yeah 1985 XJ's with V8 engines are prong to shaking. You might want to put the stock engine back in...

Your making progress though... Its starting now good job!!

What was the problem????

Nick

yes it is the carb and the vac lines that are'nt there

i love this guy (figure of speech), this seems to me like it would be the only reason. eveything else that i have came across dont fit the problem.
now my transfer case is leaking and another part is leaking..... i am about to pull my hair out.....
i am only spending the time on this cause i need a off road worthy jeep for paintball. so hopefully i dont go over my budget.

Back