• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heres what I did today...

Fixing the hillbilly repair work some idiot shop did on my dad's Ranger... he had them replace shock mounts and they goobered the frame up with an O/A torch in the process, it seems.

mutter mutter... who gave that moron a gas axe? I want to shove it in some very unkind places.

Frame's cracked clear in half on this side, it was cracked up pretty bad on the other side last year (due to the same moron repair, in the same place) but we caught it before the cracks got into the top and bottom faces of the frame so it was a much easier fix.

When I find out what shop it was I'll post it so everyone can avoid it. I'm real close to telling him to sue them for damages.

what year ranger? we had a customer with ALMOST the exact same problem. He opted to just replace the whole back section of the frame. was super easy i just ground down the rivets and the new frame pretty much bolted together.

2001 or 2000, I forget.

The rear crossmember that the spare hangs from isn't long for this world either, so it may end up getting scrapped or might find a clean donor frame within a few years anyways.

Funny thing is we took the bed off so I could work on it and discovered it's already had the shackle hangars replaced. Dunno what it is about Fords and shackle hangars...

edit: wait a sec, ctxjlimited was your MJ parked in broad brook saturday morning?

ive replaced both shackle hangers on my dads f150. The dealers always have them in stock because its such a common problem LOL

realized how awful front brakes on myj xj sound once you wear ALL you brake pads away.
hopefully Thursday I will put new powerstop rotors and pads on($100 plus shipping from rockauto).
need to do oil change and O2 sensors also. my MPG sucks, 12-13 city and it is stock.

installed cb, mud already installed.
87734110_zpsded1e5ee.jpg

got stefan's ol bumper installed on my bucket....no problems getting it to fit....

Got the 88 MJ moving again, it still needs everything though

Looks good mrshaft. What paint is that? Rhino liner or something?

did it with rustoleum truck bedliner in the aerosol can. makes a nice flat black with a little texture......

Funny thing is we took the bed off so I could work on it and discovered it's already had the shackle hangars replaced. Dunno what it is about Fords and shackle hangars...

edit: wait a sec, ctxjlimited was your MJ parked in broad brook saturday morning?

They dont like salt...Ive seen that problem on Fords even down here. They dont put a whole lot of anything for rust resistance..It all comes down to regular rinsing of the undrcarriage in winter. I've owned quite a few fords, ranger, 150, and 350..you have to keep em rinsed. I actually prefer less "protection" underneath. From what I've seen most "rustproofing" traps water and masks the damage.

did it with rustoleum truck bedliner in the aerosol can. makes a nice flat black with a little texture......

I've used the Duplicolor spray stuff on bumpers before, too...It hardens up nicely and has proven to be pretty tough for bumpers and undercarriage parts.
Looks good, Chris.

realized how awful front brakes on myj xj sound once you wear ALL you brake pads away.
hopefully Thursday I will put new powerstop rotors and pads on($100 plus shipping from rockauto).
need to do oil change and O2 sensors also. my MPG sucks, 12-13 city and it is stock.

got the powerstop rotors and pads on and the up stream o2 sensors in. bottom 2 sensors won't budge. gotta put heat and Aerokroil on them. passenger inner pad had about 15% of the pad left, rest was metal on metal....sweet!

Back