• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here's my first car, tell me what you think.

AnthonyZ28

NAXJA Forum User
Me and my mom had been searching for my first car for a while and came across a 93 Jeep Cherokee Sport and decided to get it. We got it for 3300 and here is everything I know of that it has.

32x11.5 BFG MT tires with black rock crawler wheels. About 30% tread left, which is a lot of miles remaining for BFG tires.
Dana 44 rear axle from a Jeep Grand Cherokee with Detroit Locker and 4.56 gears.
Front axle rebuilt with 4.56 gears, open differential and extreme duty u-joints. New bearings, u-joints and seals on front axle in late 2010.
Freshly rebuilt AX-15 manual transmission with fresh Luk clutch and slave cylinder.
Freshly rebuilt 4.0L engine with ported and polished head. This engine could have gone another 50k without a rebuild, but was done anyway.
Bored out throttle body.
New exhaust manifold and flowmaster muffler(does not have a catalytic converter on it)
Fuel Injectors were ultrasonically cleaned and benched during the rebuild process. New injector O-rings.
New ignition system(distributor, coil, wires, plugs)
New starter and alternator. Have cores which can be rebuilt for spares
New fuel pump(have the old one which still works for a spare)
Old Man Emu 5" suspension lift. Heavy duty shackles on the rear. Needs some bumpstops installed.
Bedlined interior, no carpet.
Tuffy oversized lock box in the rear. Makes great storage for tools and other valuables. 600$ value
Warn front bumper and winch
PIAA aux lights on the front bumper
Bushwacker fender flares
Rear spare tire carrier(has stock spare on it, not full size).Lots of spare parts.

I'm still getting used to the standard transmission but im getting the hang of it. The locker in the rear will also take some getting used to. But overall I'm extremely satisfied. Even though it has 199xxx miles (5k on the rebuilt engine) it runs awesome. Since Im not used to standard I can say much about the transmission but it seems fine. The interior is rough but im not big on the nice interior thing.
420108_2919252653638_1030413500_32292232_1413788006_n.jpg

Looks like a great place to start! Enjoy!

Good ride Anthony. Enjoy it. Welcome to the addiction.

I should let you know that this thread will probably get moved to either OEM tech or perhaps off topic by the forum moderators because this post really isn't mod tech.

But, hey, welcome. No harm no foul. Enjoy the Jeep, enjoy the guys you meet on here, read and learn all you can, feel free to ask questions, and get out and take part in your chapter's events!

Nice! My first car was a 1966 Renault Dauphine (Google that, Its one Fugly car!) but it got like 40mpg. Kind of wish I still had it.

I've never seen one until I googled it. Look like a neat little car! :D

Ive never seen another one on the road since I wrecked the one I had. It had a 51c.i. inline 12 valve engine with single barrel carb, 4 wheel disc brakes, 4 wheel independent suspension and would top out at 55mph. It was rear engine like the VW bug but it was water cooled.

Trust me, I would rather had a XJ for my first car but I started driving before the XJ was born

Welcome to the station wagon club! Nice looking rig. Careful while you get used to the handling quirks of a lifted, locked rig. They can be a handful.

nice first car! my first car was a 4x4 toyota pick up with a 5 speed. i only drove it for 6 months before i got an XJ, but those 6 months on a 5 speed were awesome because now i will have that skill forever. sadly my MJ is an auto, sometimes i miss banging through gears

I understand... Just curious but how did you wreck it?

Fell asleep at the wheel coming home from a late shift at the local Caterpillar Dealer at age 17.

I hit right front on the guard rail at 60mph then it spun around and hit left rear. The frame was bent and the LF coil was missing but it was still running so I drove it home after beating the fenders out of the tires.

Went out the next day and bought a brand new 1983 F-150 4wd XLT, 4.9 inline six. Drove that truck for 12 years before I sold it.

Correction on my above post, it was only a 8 valve engine, not sure where I got 12v out of a 4 banger:dunno:

My first car was a 72 satellite and when I was young and dumb I sold it to buy a Cherokee.

Back