• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Here is my route to fall fling whats yours?

Yes, Rachel is looking forward to getting back in her TJ. My 13-yr old son Robert is also coming this trip. His school gave him permission to take the week off as his grades have improved. I can't wait to go, but I'm not looking forward to all of the separate legs in my journey.

Last edited:
My journey...

On Friday, take the bus to Zurich main railway station.
Take the train to Zurich airport.
Do the airport security thing.
Fly to Luton Airport in England.
Rent a car at the airport and drive home to Northamptonshire, stay overnight.
On Saturday, drive to London, Heathrow Airport, drop off car.
Fly to Los Angeles.
Meet the nice immigration officer.
Meet the nice customs officer.
Get a cab and stay at a nearby motel.
On Sunday morning get a cab back to the airport.
Fly to Salt Lake City.
Meet our friends at the airport and get a ride with them to our storage unit.
Collect my Jeep, and back to our friend's place to finish repairs.
Drive to Moab.

You have some friends to pick you up? Lucky you...Nobody would pick me up. :D

You haven't been around a 6.7 have you????? Louder????? I wish mine was louder...

Reason number 1 for not buying a Duramax: If you read the owners manual for Snow Chaining - DO NOT PUT CHAINS ON THE FRONT TIRES.

Solid Axels Rule.

You haven't been around a 6.7 have you????? Louder????? I wish mine was louder...

Reason number 1 for not buying a Duramax: If you read the owners manual for Snow Chaining - DO NOT PUT CHAINS ON THE FRONT TIRES.

Solid Axels Rule.

Every time you guys pull into the station and leave those Cummins running I look for ear plugs, my Duramax is so much nicer, and I have the 4" exhaust, better mileage, yours tows 0 to 60 a touch faster but mine passes at 60 faster towing. Who zoomes to 60 while towing with these diesel prices? I agree, solid axels Rule, offroad, mine's for a smooth ride and puller on road. If i've chained the rear and I still have a problem, takes less time to pull out the winch cable than chain up the front anyway.

If its too loud, you're too old.

Sure, the Dmax is quiet...but is it worth having an IFS? Maybe thats okay if you never take it off road, or in the snow. My old 12 Valve is loud as hell....til I close the door :D

Anyone who knows anything about diesel engines know that V8 configurations suck for diesel engines anyway.

Check the big rig scene. 99.9% inline sixes.

HIJACK OFF - We will start a Diesel Chat elsewhere !!!!!

I-25 south, I-76 west, I-70 west, Hwy 6 west through Golden to avoid the big ups and downs, I-70 west, stop for diesel in Fruita, Hwy 191-south. I leave Fri. morning. About 400 miles

6 Speed Auto. Look me up when you get to town - Trust me you cannot miss the Orange Beast. I will be staying behind Dennys at my father-in-laws place.

That is the only thing that I wish I would have got - MEGA CAB - But the 6 Speed Auto and the Exhaust brake are awesome.

I'll have my 06 mega cab 5.9 cummins there with a 2 car gooseneck...

I69 to I469 to I70 west (stop over in Bloomington to p/u Pat) then I70 to 191 to moab...over 1500 miles...

mac 'crashin at slickrock' gyvr

Back