• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Herculiner Help

Okay before you read any further, I DID USE THE SEARCH BUTTON :)

Anyways, I couldn't find an exact answer I was looking for so here is my question. I pulled the carpet out of my 98 and am planning to Herculine from the rear seats to the front. So my question is "Do I just need to sand/clean away all the rust, then use POR15, then put on the Herculiner?" I guess I'm wondering if the por15 step is needed/recomended. Thanks a lot guys

I am going to do this same thing to my jeep. I have worked extensively with POR-15, eastwood and chassis saver products. Take what you want but this is what I am planning to do:

1. remove carpet
2. sand painted surface to bare metal
3. clean with acetone
4. apply metal ready or other metal etching product
5. coat with POR-15, eastwood or chassis saver (1-2 coats)
6. while tacky, apply coat of heculiner
7. reapply 2nd coat of herculiner
8. let dry for 48+ hours

5a199y.jpg

This is on the outside of mine..I did the bottoms of the doors, rockers, door sills, and the back quarters..I scuffed the surface up, cleaned it a few times, and just put it on. It turned out great. I still have about a quarter gallon left and I did two coats everywhere.

Back