• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with lower tranny line

kdailey4315

NAXJA Forum User
I finally ended up just breaking it off from the radiator and now I still can't get the lower tranny line off. It has four metal tabes holding it on (No plastic tabs) and the plastic disconnect tool is just not working. Any idea on how I'm going to get this off?

IMG_1040.jpg

Last edited:
Im pretty sure there is a tool out there that is made for doing that, but I just cut off a piece of a hose clamp ( just enough to wrap around the line) and pressed that down into the fitting to release the tabs, and then pull the old piece out.

I just had to do the same thing. What I did, since I don't have the right tool, is take a small screwdriver, flat, and push the little tabs back while keeping pressure on the line going into the hole where the tabs are. They bend inward very easily, and with a little pressure, they stay back long enough for you to pull the line out with a little effort. You will have to, kind of, go around the fitting a couple of times to make sure they are all back and out of the way, but you'll get it. Good luck.

Push the part that was connected to the radiator in there as far as possible, then push in the quick disconnect tool, hold the tool in there, and pull out the part that was attached to the radiator.

Also, will the part that was attached to the radiator spin around? If not, juice it up with some PB blaster or something similar.

I finally got it. The 1/2 in disconnect tool was a little to big and the 3/8 tool was too small. I just cut a little piece of the 1/2" off and worked it around a little bit and it finally came off.

Back