• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help with Canadian websites...

Skaven

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys Im from Canada and would prefer to purchuse from Canada as im sure all you guys from the states like to shop from the states(also you have the much better stores :) ) But im sure im not the only canadian on here so does anyone know of any Canadian websites that sell parts for XJ's such as bumpers,winches,tires,rims,electronics etc. Also if I buy from Canada i get to avoid paying the Duty on importing it. Thanks guys

Also should mention Ill order from stores if they have a shipping office in Canada...i just trying to avoid having it cross the internation boarder

NSOR.com - have some of the better prices
northridge4x4.ca - There new and pretty good, search the american site for what you want and email for a quote, they don't list to much on there site
staangsfab.com - newer fab company, I'm running there stiffeners and like them
national4wd.com - Out to lunch on there prices, but figured I would include them since they are the biggest.

best luck with National 4wd, Jeap thrills ( maple ridge) and Northridge4x4. All very good places. And lowriders.ca for your rough country stuff.

Another method that works if you live within 90 miles of the border is use a parcel service. For ex I live in Wpg and the border is 90 miles away. I use a parcel service in N Dakota where I have my parts sent. The owner charges by weight, the 5 35 bfg km2,s cost me $25. Some flares ans spacers I got yesterday the charge was $4. Some times you can even get free shipping in the lower 48 states. Then when you cross the border have a copy of the bill and you only pay the GST and PST. Other than that if you can't cross the border or it,s to far I know UPS are crooks with their brokerage charges. What you do for that is tell them to hold the package and that you will do the brokerage yourself. What that means is when they get your shipment you go down to their depot and pick up the paperwork and then go to the Gov"t office and simply pay the taxes yourself. That way you save the UPS fee. Here in Wpg the gov't office is like 3 blocks from the UPS depot so it,s easy.

Another method that works if you live within 90 miles of the border is use a parcel service. For ex I live in Wpg and the border is 90 miles away. I use a parcel service in N Dakota where I have my parts sent. The owner charges by weight, the 5 35 bfg km2,s cost me $25. Some flares ans spacers I got yesterday the charge was $4. Some times you can even get free shipping in the lower 48 states. Then when you cross the border have a copy of the bill and you only pay the GST and PST. Other than that if you can't cross the border or it,s to far I know UPS are crooks with their brokerage charges. What you do for that is tell them to hold the package and that you will do the brokerage yourself. What that means is when they get your shipment you go down to their depot and pick up the paperwork and then go to the Gov"t office and simply pay the taxes yourself. That way you save the UPS fee. Here in Wpg the gov't office is like 3 blocks from the UPS depot so it,s easy.
I live 6 hours from the border and still do the same thing

Back