• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help! Problems with new headlight wiring harness

It's very possible that they sent/built me the wrong harness. I hope very much that is the case cause then that would mean that it's not my fault that it doesn't work and I can stop pulling my hair out. Thanks for your input. Keep it coming if you have any more.

When did you order the harness? I've been checking their site for over a month looking at ordering one and it's always been out of stock. It is still as of right now on back order still. Did I miss a window when they had them in or maybe they sent the wrong one....

That harness with the golden piece is for a switched-ground system.

Not that familiar with the headlights on the late models, but I think that is the wrong harness for your XJ.

Since we're all taking shots in the dark, I'm voting resistor, for cars whose electronics monitor the lighting circuits- thinking the resistor simulates a functioning headlamp, although it's not needed on a Jeep.

If you don't have a meter or access to one, and can't scrounge together a simple test light, just send the thing back. With no way to test it, and not knowing how it's intended to work, there's not much point in guessing what might be wrong with it.

When did you order the harness? I've been checking their site for over a month looking at ordering one and it's always been out of stock. It is still as of right now on back order still. Did I miss a window when they had them in or maybe they sent the wrong one....

When I placed the order, which was about a month ago, the site said that they were out of stock as well. However, in the following days, I got an email saying that they were actually out of the headlights and not wiring harnesses and that they wouldn't charge my card until the parts were shipped.

If you want it that bad, just place your order and be patient. They'll get it to you. I still haven't heard back from them yet. I'll call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out.

When I placed the order, which was about a month ago, the site said that they were out of stock as well. However, in the following days, I got an email saying that they were actually out of the headlights and not wiring harnesses and that they wouldn't charge my card until the parts were shipped.

If you want it that bad, just place your order and be patient. They'll get it to you. I still haven't heard back from them yet. I'll call them tomorrow and get this all straightened out.

I hate backordering, I just ended up going with another harness. I may upgrade to the rallylights.com one later though.

I got some great news today. Ray from rallylights.com contacted me today and told me that the problem is that a Cherokee requires an HL28200 (not grounded switch harness) instead of a HL28200S (which is a ground switched harness).

Long story short, a fellow NAXJA member simply recommended the incorrect harness for me. No harm done. Ray will ship me a correct harness immediately with a UPS return label for me to send him the non-functional harness. I am relieved that I was sent the wrong harness cause that means that I didn't screw up the wiring and that I'm not a total moron :) I'll let you all know how the new harness works once I get it installed.

Case Closed:

Received the new correct harness today, installed it, and everything is working great. A happy ending is always good. Thanks again for your input.

Back