• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help me price the sleeper

Bronzewyrm

NAXJA Forum User
IMG_20130605_110737_zps112046ba.jpg

I built this sleeper back in 2011. it has served it purpose well. the time has come for a tow rig. my plan is to sell the sleeper and fund a shuttle bus. 15 to 17 passenger. I have seen many "home built" trailers. loads of teardrops. and prices all over the board. so as of now im not shure what would be a fair market value.

it is about 83"W X 123"L weighing in at about 1500lbs "unloaded" it was built off of a tent trailer frame. 2x2 construction. r12 1.5" foam stuffed walls filon sidewalls with a single layer luan backer. diamond plate skirting, 16" wheels/tires (full size matching spare) pillow tom queen bed, 44"bunk for the kids. LED ex lighting. 12v interior lighting for each bed and 2 doubles on the front wall.

ill let you guys read through the build thred.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1064254

I need to do a couple things before it goes on the market, so id like to know what you think is a good asking price. of course it will be posted on NAXJA b4 the public has a shot at it.

thx guys
Bronze.

I think it will be a tough sell. There are plenty of nice toy haulers on the market for around that price. You're really pigeon holed to a small market of people who need an ultralite trailer. GLWS

I don't know if you would get it sold at that much...Like John said for 6k you can buy a nicer, company built trailer.

Yes, nasty rotting junk from the 1970s are much better deals. I would take my family in something like those.

Pics of the interior? Sketch up a dimensioned floor plan?

How is it titled and registered?

I don't have a travel trailer and never have but I would guess around $4k, cleaned and polished with no scratches or dirt or tears.

Spare tire, same size?

Grill/heat/fuel?

Trailer brakes? Leveling jacks?

points well taken, and thank you. the interior is simple. there is a queen size pillow top at the rear of the trailer, under bed storage. above that is a 44" bunk (with ladder) along the front wall is a couple shelves we use for food and cooking.

pics:
IMG_20130717_161150_zps69669e8e.jpg

IMG_20130717_161221_zpsda046922.jpg

IMG_20130717_161201_zps87bba826.jpg

IMG_20130717_161210_zpsa1a9cdc2.jpg

I built it with no permanent heating or cooking. this way as long as it stays under 2800 lbs. in Oregon it needs no title. I do have the paperwork from the tent trailer if there is an interest in getting a title that way. but it is not required in order to be on the road. yes matching full size spare, b.y.o. fuel and cooking stuffs. comes with a bag of jack stands for leveling. 12v lighting all through out.

I threw out the 6k to sturr the pot. your right about where I was thinking at 4k. its clean as I just built it, I will do the yearly seal job and all that. its really is a very nice, light weight, camp trailer. designed to be pulled behind something like the XJ.

more pics: http://s387.photobucket.com/user/Bronzewyrm/library/jeep random/family sleeper?sort=3&page=1

Bronze.

Wrap some sort of covering over those shelves. Dress it up just a touch.

The registration or lack thereof may be cool in Oregon but what about CA/WA/ID? Maybe it doesn't matter.

Offer it on Expedition Portal. Lots of expedition trailer fans there.

Back