• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP I SEARCHED MOVING IN 2 DAYS NEED MY XJ TO RUN!!!

For the low RPM miss check the Ignition sys. plug gap, wires, dist. & rotor.
Use some Di-electric grease in the wires on both ends.

Good luck with the move.

well, the cap/rotor are new. im just happy that it runs, a good friend of mine who owns a shop, happens to owe me a driver side d30 axle so i think, just a few days prior to move imma cash in that save on the con', with:
a tranny service/filter, oil, radiator flush,timing, and i think im going to personally install my cross over steering while hes doing all that good stuff.any body from brookings or south coastal oregon?

Just make sure hes giving you an HPD30. Dont get stiffed into an LP ;)

I'm in Grants Pass, Oregon.

You can get to Brookings from here.

Check the NorthWest chapter forum for residents in that area.

Welcome to Oregon, don't forget to turn the lights off as you leave CA. LOL!

welll made it on hte first run fine! i come back to the bay tomorrow to pick up hte rest of my stuff
sidenote-my perverbial duct tape and bubble gum are coming apart,jb weld on crack on coolant bottle split, bottle took to muich pressure, lots of cracks now haha. whats the OTC availability of the bottle?

and just so i know, the bubbling and backing up in hte bottle is because of the cracks correct?
also im going to pull the thermostat i have in(180) for a oem spec(195) just cause the climate change.

Last edited:
Go to the junkyard and get the bottle from a mid 90's mid-size Mopar and replace the oem bottle. The mopar bottles are shaped differently but install easily and have a real pressure cap on them.

Go to the junkyard and get the bottle from a mid 90's mid-size Mopar and replace the oem bottle. The mopar bottles are shaped differently but install easily and have a real pressure cap on them.
just got back to the bay, any year/model in particular work best? believe the cherokee needs 13(maybe it was 18...) lbs of pressure if im not mistaken...

new thermo stat, tapped for burping, i went and test drove it no heating issues now at all, and spun my final donuts in my high school parking lot, just for memory sake

also while fiddling around with the new bottle fitment i noticed a blue vacuum line hanging with a diaphram on the end, also note, my vacuum bottle is gone, and for an odd reason the vent/heater/defrost switch isnt working. but the bottles been gone for awhile and it didnt effect the heating. any ideas?

There is a Heate/Defroster/Instrument Panel Outlet Door Vacuum Motor under the dash.

There is a blue vacuum line that connects to the defrost door, but that is under the dash.

This is from the 90xj FSM.

Back