• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HELP!! Anyone near lexington KY with an 8.25 carrier bearing adjustment tool

truck7575

NAXJA Forum User
I need to borrow or buy a carrier bearing adjustment tool ASAP for my Chrysler 8.25. Anybody near Georgetown KY or Lexington Hollar at me please! Its the one with the axle nut welded to a pole that you stick through the axle tube.

I have one that I could ship to you if that helps. I could get it on UPS in the morning for ya.

dave

Just get a long piece of pipe alittle bigger than the inside of the adjuster. Then grind till it fits.

Ill look around the shop and see if I have anything that size laying around, I think all I have is an old tie rod and some 1.75 x 0.125 cage tubing.

Great Idea CABJEEPSTER, I ended up cutting a piece of my old NP231 main drive shaft off that was a little bigger in diameter than what I needed then I ground it down to the right size, then I welded it to an old tie rod I had laying around and then welded a nut onto the end of it. I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks! And Dave thanks for offering to help a brutha out!

Great Idea CABJEEPSTER, I ended up cutting a piece of my old NP231 main drive shaft off that was a little bigger in diameter than what I needed then I ground it down to the right size, then I welded it to an old tie rod I had laying around and then welded a nut onto the end of it. I'll try it out tomorrow. Thanks! And Dave thanks for offering to help a brutha out!

I just used 2 front hub nuts. No grinding needed.

JIM.

Yeah I now that's the easy way but all of my axle nuts are froze up obols axles I hotel with map gas and still broke my vice trying to get them off so I had to improvise and make one

No problem hope it works out for you.

Back