• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Help!! A/C quit working

XJ5

NAXJA Forum User
I was headed out to the lake yesterday, A/C was working great for the first 20 minutes or so, then started blowing out warm air. When you flip the A/C on the electric fan comes on but the compressor doesn't seem to be engaging. Where should I start looking before I have to take it into the shop? :gonnablow

I think I found the problem. The 20 amp fuse for the A/C clutch wasn't fully seated down and had black carbon on it as if it had been blown, so I took it out, wiped off the black residue, reinstalled it and the A/C started working again. However, what would have caused the fuse to almost blow itself out of place like that?

XJ5 said:
I think I found the problem. The 20 amp fuse for the A/C clutch wasn't fully seated down and had black carbon on it as if it had been blown, so I took it out, wiped off the black residue, reinstalled it and the A/C started working again. However, what would have caused the fuse to almost blow itself out of place like that?

Vibration..check all your fuses.

Back