• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hello from FL, 1st post

JustJoeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This is my 2000 XJ. this is my 2nd xj. I bought it stock in Oct 2016, took the train to Md to get it and drove it back through Hurricane Matthew. Boy do I have some stories about that trip. NC was no joke, I should have died 6 times with some of the stuff I had to do to get home to FL. 95 south was flooded out, i sat there 3 hours and was given the option to proceed at my own risk or turn around.. Boy that water was deep. took me 3 days to get home and drove 200 miles out of route.

Since FL has storms and some of the places i fish are off the beaten path I decided to lift it. Rubicon 6025 leaf kit w/Nitro Shocks, 3.5". RE's kits run higher, 16" rims on 33's, Detours off road Tire Carrier, Winch bumper built by a FL local, Roof rack I scored on CL and K-Suspension headlight upgrade. Still need to wire my Led's and install IRO SYE

IMG_0808_zps9cduy51b.jpg

IMG_0639_zpsz7f2a9qv.jpg

IMG_0805_zpsskwgk2fv.jpg

Nice lookin' ride.

Welcome aboard!

Nice! Welcome aboard. That guy posting above me is in Ocala! You should shoot for a trip to Harlan and The Crawl in July!

What gear ratio are you running?

I ran 4.88's with 33's (auto) and got about 18 MPG highway at 70MPH.

Also since you put on larger tires did you correct your speedo gear? Your ODO will most likely be a fair bit off if you didn't which is also making your mileage off.

What gear ratio are you running?

I ran 4.88's with 33's (auto) and got about 18 MPG highway at 70MPH.

Also since you put on larger tires did you correct your speedo gear? Your ODO will most likely be a fair bit off if you didn't which is also making your mileage off.

went to a shop yesterday they suggested 4.10s but i'm not sure

I have no idea what gear is in stock, couldn't find an axle tag. 2000 xj sport no tow package D30 front Chrysler 8.25 rear

i have not changed the speedo... forgot all about that

3.55 gears are stock in the XJ.

Most guys will say 4.56 gears with 33" tires. You live in Florida where it's pretty flat so you won't have the hills to climb. I run 4.10's with 33/1050R15 tires and it does ok. My motor has over 350,000 miles on it. I'm sure a fresh(er) engine would help a lot. I lose all my momentum when I hit a hill.

I run 4.10 with a 265 and never felt the need to go deeper.

Nice thing about the 4.10 is you can grab an axle already geared to that out of an Explorer and upgrade to rear discs at the same time - look long enough and you'll find one with an LSD.

That's the route most of us went.

Welcome Joe
Im in Sanford not far from ya . if you need a hand gimme a shout, Ive worked on a couple of XJs before

Welcome Joe
Im in Sanford not far from ya . if you need a hand gimme a shout, Ive worked on a couple of XJs before

Thanks, will need to do a all out rear swap soon. Drums are rusted on, northern truck.. will go with disc rear, sourcing the parts now

Back