• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heim joint rattle

The Rough Country marketing team found my YouTube video and they were not pleased.

They tracked down my email address online and offered to send a replacement. The new one is supposed to be heat treated and should fix the "occasional issue." OK.

Tell them you'll only run it if they send you the 14$ for the FK one you already bought.

The Rough Country marketing team found my YouTube video and they were not pleased.

They tracked down my email address online and offered to send a replacement. The new one is supposed to be heat treated and should fix the "occasional issue." OK.

Sell it!

I found this crazy joint that doesn't need lube, doesn't rattle, absorbs a lot of road noise and lasts like 100K miles!
It's called a bushing
Smartassedness aside - I think a lot of discrepancy that people come across with heim vs heim battles may be that one guy went hard joints on both sides, another went heim + poly, another still went heim + rubber. Just a theory.
Also... TREs & Bushings last hella long in all sorts of conditions. Proven again and again. Aside from it being easier to drill a hole than to ream one, what's the fascination with heims?

I found this crazy joint that doesn't need lube, doesn't rattle, absorbs a lot of road noise and lasts like 100K miles!
It's called a bushing
Smartassedness aside - I think a lot of discrepancy that people come across with heim vs heim battles may be that one guy went hard joints on both sides, another went heim + poly, another still went heim + rubber. Just a theory.
Also... TREs & Bushings last hella long in all sorts of conditions. Proven again and again. Aside from it being easier to drill a hole than to ream one, what's the fascination with heims?

i wouldnt say all sorts of conditions....
TRE's are good for light duty stuff, but won't hold up to high loads/impact that you'll see in abusive wheeling. my last TRE's (1 tons) lasted maybe a couple months.

i wouldnt say all sorts of conditions....
TRE's are good for light duty stuff, but won't hold up to high loads/impact that you'll see in abusive wheeling. my last TRE's (1 tons) lasted maybe a couple months.

has anything you've run lasted more than a couple months :roflmao:

Back