• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heavy Duty Drag Link

I'm getting it from Goferit Offroad. They make the tie rod flip insert that I'm also getting. The tie rod is made by Big Daddy's. It's 1 1/4" DOM tubing with a 5/8" I.D. Plus it's got a flat spot machined at the end so you can use a wrench for adjustment instead of channel locks or vice grips like the Currie one I had.

Dave

[email protected]

You can always bend a tie rod.........put the tie rod between your rig and a rock, and have some momentum or give it some gas, and it's going to bend no matter what it's made out of. If it doesn't bend, something worse may happen, like breaking a joint or even the knuckle. They can be made stronger, more resistant to bending, but they can always bend. The best cure is to make strong steering links and then move them up higher so they are less likely to get smacked by a rock.

David Tucker said:
I'm getting it from Goferit Offroad. They make the tie rod flip insert that I'm also getting. The tie rod is made by Big Daddy's. It's 1 1/4" DOM tubing with a 5/8" I.D. Plus it's got a flat spot machined at the end so you can use a wrench for adjustment instead of channel locks or vice grips like the Currie one I had.

Dave]

I'm just wondering what the hell you were doing to bend it. I bent the stock one when I had to get on the gas a little going up steep loose rocky hill with big rock in the way when locked front and back. I went home looked at the video and said yup that's when it happened.

I was making a hard right coming down off of a pile of rocks into a wash with a rock wall in front of me and another one on my right side. There was a large rock in the middle of the wash and not enough room on either side to go around. I tried to get a tire up on it but repeatedly slipped off. The rock was loose and I pushed it a little in the sand, bending the tie rod. I wasn't hammering the throttle, taking it nice and slow. I'm not saying it shouldn't have bent, it just didn't seem to hold up any better than the stock one.

Back