• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heads up Ecology's 50% off SALE 2/07/10

5150xj

NAXJA Member # 1215
Here is the latest email from Ecology, have fun.
Tim

Ecology Auto Parts is proud to kick off 2010 with their HALF OFF SALE! Saturday, February 6th and Sunday, February 7th 2010 when all Parts are 50% off.*

Two days to save 50% off all parts* at Ecology locations located in Santa Fe Springs, Wilmington, Rialto, Fontana, Thousand Palms, Adelanto, Lancaster, Oceanside, San Diego and two in Chula Vista. Remove it yourself and Save BIG Money. What could be easier?

Shop at Ecology Auto Parts! Where All parts* will be discounted 50% on February 6th and 7th, 2010.
We look forward to seeing you at your closest Ecology Auto Parts on February 6th and 7th, 2010.

Don't forget to bring your tools and save BIG! That’s the Ecology Way!

Check our website, www.ecoparts.com, for maps and other information. Opening time varies by location but most yards will be open by 7am. Be sure to call your closest yard for exact times.

We look forward to serving you.

Ecology Auto Parts
“The Original Serve Yourself Wrecking Yard”
1-800-444-5865

*Offer excludes big diesel truck parts at our Santa Fe Springs location. Offer Excludes all Pre-pulled parts . 50% off offer cannot be combined with any other offer; free admission coupons or 2 for 1 coupons are NOT valid on sale days. All prices plus sales tax. Core charges apply on select items. 50% off valid in California only.

i use to go in the pouring rain. then again, this was years ago. dont know if i would do that now. :p

been at the Oceanside yard the past 4 days trying to get 8.8 backing plates off in the pouring rain. Finally got em today, brought some bolt cutters to clip throught the ebrake cables. Its kind of sad when the counter girls start to feel sorry for you.

been at the Oceanside yard the past 4 days trying to get 8.8 backing plates off in the pouring rain. Finally got em today, brought some bolt cutters to clip throught the ebrake cables. Its kind of sad when the counter girls start to feel sorry for you.
Did you happen to see any '99 durangos there?

BTT. Looks like rain for Sat, bring your rubber boots. LOL

HELP!

I'll be out of town this weekend and I need a rear end out of an Explorer (disk brake model.)

Now here is the deal, you pull and deliver it, and I let you keep the axle housing (I keep all brake parts.) I pay for it.

I think Crown Vic brakes fit on that housing and have the correct bolt pattern. The explorer brakes do not fit the Cherokee pattern.

If nothing else, I pay you to pull it and I'll pick it up next week.

Just to let you guys know, the Pick A Part in San Bernardino is also having a 1/2 off sale.

Sweet, I'll probably be there at the Chula Vista location.
Cody,
If you decide to go, & it's not dumping rain, let me know. Not sure what all I'd want to get for my XJ (maybe a radiator that I can get cleaned out & then exchange into my rig? My motivation & schedule don't seem to include time to pull the rad, get it douched, and actually get it back in within a reasonable time, & I don't want to disable the XJ for a week or more, especially since I have to work on it at someone else's house!).

But I also need a fender & a 13" rim for my Mitsubishi and a mirror housing for my daughter's Mazda. But not badly enough to slog around in the rain...

carol, I did the radiator swap on my 92 with a pep boys aluminum radiator(plastic tanks) in about an hour. I paid $120 with a lifetime warranty and like $10.00 for a jug of coolant.

Don't know if this is in your budget, but it turned out to be the best option for me. I've been running this radiator for 6 months now w/ no issues. (my old radiator according to the P.O., was an autozone unit that lasted about 10 years)

Let me know if you need help, or need me to do this swap...I'd be very happy to help and have all the tools needed, including the tranny/p.steering hose connecty tools. Might even be able to swap @ my in-laws house which is right over near you in portofino. (not sure on that, but if their HOA doesn't care, they won't either)

Yeah, I did the closed --> open conversion on my old 1990 (that later burned down to the floorboards), and it wasn't difficult. I'd bought a new rad (all metal, IIRC) from 800-RADIATOR & it was great.

I was just thinking a radiator at 1/2 off would be cheap & I'd drop it off at the shop by my old house on my way home to be rodded & cleaned. Guess I'll call Ecology & see how much they really charge... If I go that route, may take you up on the "connecty tools" =).

Your in-laws HOA may be restrictive; fairly sure it's run by the same group (Allegis) as mine.

I usually just go off what PYP prices are and then add like 5 or 10 bucks. From them, a large rad will cost 44.99 with a 10 dollar core. So it should be like 25 or 30 on half off day. I'm not sure if I will still go as I don't have much money but I'll probably still go take a look.

If anyone comes across a 97ish ZJ with discs and wouldn't mind pulling the e-brake cables for me, I would appreciate it. I'll be changing my hub out Saturday and watching the Super Bowl Sunday. My number is 4015754, area code 760.

Gimme a call if you're down there as I might have enough time after doing the hub to head down to the Thousand Palms yard. Thanks! :D

scouted the yard today - lots of xjs and zjs from cash for clunkers are in. think i'm going to get a '99+ intake manifold to swap into my '98. Heard its good for some power and is a straight swap?

Back