• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner Replacement...

Whatever you do, be scrupulous about getting the old glue/foam off the backing. The backing is made of pressed dog biscuits so you'll have to be careful if you're going to reuse it. Don't be afraid to use fiberglass screening & body putty on any cracks that develop.
I used 3M headliner glue on my conventional headliner replacement job. Spray on lightly & evenly if you're using the normal headliner. If you insist on the vinyl stuff, headliner spray should be all right. Barge cement (the same stuff they use on shoes) would be stronger, but its probably overkill.
regards,
jlex.

I did mine this spring...
Pulled it out and was going to do it my self. THe place I picked up the material installed it with the right glue $40 cdn, was'nt worth my time. I was pricing glue at $25 a can and knew I neededmore than one.
They suggest a material that does not have a foam backer. Almost looks like the stuff they cover speaker boxes in in grey.
I put up a overhead console while I had it apart.
Make sure you get off all th eold foam bits off the fibreglass first.

Back