• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner cardboard info needed

gr8Tyres

NAXJA Forum User
Can't seem to find a decent headliner cardboard for my 89 XJ Wagoneer. I see some 95, 97, 2000s occasionally. But will these later years work without much cutting? Near Charlotte.
Might as well ask here: does anyone have one to sell??:eyes:
Tom

I don't know of any reason that any backer board 84-96 wouldn't work - with the exception of overhead console or soundbar equipped ones.

Can't seem to find a decent headliner cardboard for my 89 XJ Wagoneer. I see some 95, 97, 2000s occasionally. But will these later years work without much cutting? Near Charlotte.
Might as well ask here: does anyone have one to sell??:eyes:
Tom

Ha, you sent me a txt message last night looking for this.

As I mentioned in my message, I don't see why a 97+ board wouldn't fit.

I do have a 96 board but I'm not certain of it's condition.

lowrange,
I wNT TO BE PRETTY SURE A LATER MODEL WILL WORK SO I DONT CAUSE YOU HASSLE, AND ME A COUPLE HOUR DRIVE FROM CHARLOTTE. PLEASE BEAR WITH ME.

I have at least one headliner board in the 95 and there is a 80's xj with the board in the back but it's got a sunroof. I'm a little closer than Andy but still over an hour. You are more than welcome to come down and look.

The way I have always found them was to go on Craigslist and do a search for parting Cherokee. Most people don't even think of that being a part to sell. They are a pain to get out if you don't know how to remove all the interior parts and the order, so I negotiated that I would pull it. I don't think I have ever paid more than $20.

The way I have always found them was to go on Craigslist and do a search for parting Cherokee. Most people don't even think of that being a part to sell. They are a pain to get out if you don't know how to remove all the interior parts and the order, so I negotiated that I would pull it. I don't think I have ever paid more than $20.

Yup, that's how the OP originally got in touch with me. Being in the South where headliners continuously fall down due to humidity, I sell every headliner I get.

Thanks everyone. Found one at J&W Headliner(7044747301) and they did a good job installing it at my house.

Back