• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

headlights!

I won the BigOrffroad harness at an event. It is a quality product, and i would reccomend it to anyone with stock wiring. The only thing I would change would be to run a dedicated ground, instead of trying to ground to the core support.
And an easier to source relay.

for ANY HID installs... you MUST ground back to the battery....

those pre-produced wiring kits are JUNK, aimed for 'tards. wire your own, if you dont know how, fallow the many, many writeups online. seriously, its stupid easy, and you owe it to your jeep to understand BASIC 12v electrical. if you cant wire a relay, just sell the jeep now and pickup a nice prius or volt.

"... if you cant wire a relay, just sell the jeep now and pickup a nice prius or volt."
Ha that would be an oxymoron "oxymoron [(ok-see- [SIZE=+0]mawr [/SIZE]-on)]

A rhetorical device in which two seemingly contradictory words are used together for effect: “She is just a poor little rich girl.”
I bet if they did get a prius/volt they could not drive it either "where does the gas go?" LMAO!!!

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I can't find the harness mentioned at eaautoworks. Did find an H4/9003 harness. Is that the one for a 2001 XJ?

Can somebody tell what the amperage is for those relays? I need to replace mine and Putco or eautoworks are telling me I need to buy a new harness.

Thanks

What sort of cutoff do the Rampage replacement headlights have? Are they perfectly straight across the top, or do they have a kick-up on the right (for LHD vehicles)?

Also how does the 'parking light (little 5w globe mounted below the main h4 globe)' mount into the housing? i.e is it a cheapo rubber thing that pushes into the reflector from behind?

Back