• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Upgrades.

Ok cool. Gonna be upgrading my alt to a 136 and 2awg battery cables too so i'll go from there.

What gauge wire is the kit using, anyone know?

X2 my friends F1 with HID headlights and converted Hellas make it day light in the desert

Exactly but The Autopals with HID's do throw out a goofy pattern. I have my aimed down enough that I hardly ever get flashed.

I have to ad to this that when I installed the Eautoworks harness that it worked awesome with the new housings and 85/100 watt bulbs... for one day. I believe one of the relays went bad and the passenger side light was dim butthe drivers side was still bright. I kept the harness in and swapped bulbs and plugged in the stock light and it was still dim. Does anyone know where to get the weird 4 prong relays from to replace the ones I have?

Preston

I have to ad to this that when I installed the Eautoworks harness that it worked awesome with the new housings and 85/100 watt bulbs... for one day. I believe one of the relays went bad and the passenger side light was dim butthe drivers side was still bright. I kept the harness in and swapped bulbs and plugged in the stock light and it was still dim. Does anyone know where to get the weird 4 prong relays from to replace the ones I have?

Preston

Before blaming the harness, check and make sure the ground wire on the passenger side is clean and shiny. This means a hands on removal and reattachment of the ground wire along with scraping paint off the contact point. I'll bet that's your problem. The relays are for high and low beam, not left to right.

Last edited:
thank you cruiser54 i just got off the phone with jason from eautoworks.com to order the upgraded harness with disounted shipping. cant wait to install it.

Before blaming the harness, check and make sure the ground wire on the passenger side is clean and shiny. This means a hands on removal and reattachment of the ground wire along with scraping paint off the contact point. I'll bet that's your problem. The relays are for high and low beam, not left to right.

X2...I had the same thing happen, only mine didn't take a day, it happened right after I tested everything and put it all back together...cleaned and tightened ground...no problems since.

X2...I had the same thing happen, only mine didn't take a day, it happened right after I tested everything and put it all back together...cleaned and tightened ground...no problems since.

Real common. I used the bolts on top of the radiator support closest to the headlamps for my grounds. I made sure to scrape the paint off first.

Exactly but The Autopals with HID's do throw out a goofy pattern. I have my aimed down enough that I hardly ever get flashed.

Kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it? I had mine the same way, but to be honest, as bright as they were, I couldn't see as well as I'd like, simply because of how far they had to be aimed down, and there was still the occasional flash...now after switching to IPF housings, upgraded harness, and 100/80w hella halogens, I NEVER get flashed, and I was able to aim them back up, and I can honestly see much better than I could before.

HID's are great, but they really do need to be in a proper projector housing.

just installed the headlight upgrade harness from eauto works. only complaint is that i didn't do this mod earlier. im running the hella headlamp housings with whatever bulbs came with it from quadratec.i hooked up one light and left the other stock and what a difference between the stock and upgraded harness. i also highly recomend this mod to everyone with the stock headlight harness.

so what I am taking away from this is that if I go with the http://www.eautoworks.com/product-eAutoWorkscom-189849.htm then I can put H4 bulbs in and I should be good? or do I have to change the glass also. I noticed that a lot of people are doing the IPF housing or the Hella housing but is this needed right away? I will change it later but i don't have the money to all of it at once. Sorry if this was gone over already.

so what I am taking away from this is that if I go with the http://www.eautoworks.com/product-eAutoWorkscom-189849.htm then I can put H4 bulbs in and I should be good? or do I have to change the glass also. I noticed that a lot of people are doing the IPF housing or the Hella housing but is this needed right away? I will change it later but i don't have the money to all of it at once. Sorry if this was gone over already.
You will be good to do the harness now, but will need new housings before you can put in new bulbs.

So for those of you who have used it, is this eautoworks harness truly plug and play, i.e. is it designed to plug into the factory connectors on the stock wiring harness somehow? Or are you still cutting into your factory wiring in order to use it for the relay trigger wires? If it's plug and play at that price I'm somewhat interested. If not, I'll just make my own.

As for the original question, I've had the IPF housings with the H4 magic bulbs in them for somewhere between 5-7 years now and have always been very happy with them. They provide a nice crisp white light as opposed to the dim orange of the OEM lights. I'm sure the wiring harness upgrade will do wonders, but as it is with the stock (legal) wattage H4 bulbs in the IPF housings (with the factory wiring) there is a very noticable difference.

So for those of you who have used it, is this eautoworks harness truly plug and play, i.e. is it designed to plug into the factory connectors on the stock wiring harness somehow? Or are you still cutting into your factory wiring in order to use it for the relay trigger wires? If it's plug and play at that price I'm somewhat interested. If not, I'll just make my own.

As for the original question, I've had the IPF housings with the H4 magic bulbs in them for somewhere between 5-7 years now and have always been very happy with them. They provide a nice crisp white light as opposed to the dim orange of the OEM lights. I'm sure the wiring harness upgrade will do wonders, but as it is with the stock (legal) wattage H4 bulbs in the IPF housings (with the factory wiring) there is a very noticable difference.

Absolutely plug and play. Remove grille and headlamp bulbs. I fed my harnesses from the passenger side starting between the battery and the back of the headlamp housing, over to the driver side. Plug the driver side bulb into the new harness. Attach the new harness's ground wire under one of the small bolts on the radiator support after scraping the paint off under it. Attach the harness to the existing harness behind the grille working toward the passenger side. . Plug the new harness plug into passenger headlamp. Plug original headlamp plug into receptacle on new harness. Attach the ground for the passenger side just like you did the driver side under a radiator support bolt. Attach relays with provided bracket on th epassenger side inner fender. Connect power wire to battery.

Back