• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlight Upgrade

Yup works with stock lamps. I just have Ebay H4 housings with some junk bulbs that came with them. Gonna be getting some Fatboy bulbs soon!

Ya th housings and bulbs Kiefer has are like $30 shipped lol. But ya works with stock too. Altho I have heard of high beam issues with stock.

Thanks guys. I'm going to order now.

I run E-Code housing (Cibié are stock in France), with H4 HID from V-Leds (Hi/Low, comme with a new harness). It's almost perfect :)

Running the same setup with a Dan Stearns harness....worth every penny. The Cibies are great and very well designed. I have avoided several of our car killing mule deer already.

Housings give a bit of scatter at edges. But way better than stock. Bulbs are what Kiefer has in his pic

If you have the stock driving lights, high beams might not work. I've got a harness from Big Offroad(looks the same, hmm), and my high beams don't work. It's been chatted about on the board, I don't recall the solution. Not a big deal for me since I've got Hella reflectors, and IPF bulbs, low beams are just fine.

So I'm confused as to where this harness plugs into? This seems like a good option for me, with this and those housings mike posted up.
Very simple hook-up. You disconnect your lights and plug the existing harness into the new harness. The new harness connects to your headlights, battery and ground.

Basically the OEM wiring is used to energize relays that control the power to the headlights that now comes directly from the battery.

Make sense?

Back