• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Header question

that looks exactly like a pacesetter headder !!
headder.jpg

BTW i just went and cheaked via exaust/intakemanifold gaskets . the ports are exactly the same .
i put a old renix 89 gasket up aginst a 99 ho head and the ports line up just fine .the exaust manifols dose also so....im pretty sure any headder will work but youll have to delete the egr valve if you go to a 91 + header .
a put a pacestter on mine and i deleted the egr and saw no detrument to milage .
hope this helps !

But what about Passing emissions? if you delete the egr valve will it still pass? If so im going to get one for a newer 4.0 cuz they are most often cheaper. im not ready to empty my bank account yet for some pacesetters or dynomax. I have an 88 btw

The stock header is not bad quality.. there isn't much reason to change it.

I have a Borla header for my '87. Pacesetter, Clifford, APN all make them as well.

Some are discontinued, and you just have to spend a little time looking around to find one used.

I know my stock one is just cracked. and ive seen many on ebay that are made for 91s and up and was wondering if the egr valve is the only difference between an 88 and 92 0r 93 and can i bypass it and still pass emissions?

I am pretty happy with the pacesetter. It seemed to smooth out the powerband. When I swapped to a 93 motor I used the same header, the holes are in the same place. I welded a plate over the EGR hole, as well as welding the downpipe to it. EGR seems silly anyways, no problems running without it, no emissions testing here though.

Back