• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Head Replacement - Replace Lifters? (0331 Problems)

I hope to keep it until it's collectible, just feel bad driving it in the winter. Heated seats are awful nice though. I drove it a lot last winter when it was cold but no snow accumulation. I probably should get better seats for the heep, I let a pair of Porsche buckets go when I had to move, now I'm regretting it...

Ah, gotcha. Didn't think of winter driving. I'm sure for the long term health I should do the same with the S4, but I can't resist bombing around in the snow with it. I'm hoping to curb the temptation to drive it regularly in the cold once I add the XJ to the mix.

Fair enough. (Also, my DD is a B7 S4, and I won't touch it for that reason.)

Just have to chime in on this. B7 A4 Quattro - best car I have EVER owned! Love the XJ but for ride quality, comfort and control the B7 can't be beat.

Whoa! This thread slid waaaay off topic....lol

335s are never gonna be collectables. Perhaps the last NA M3 Coupe will hold some value.

Whoa! This thread slid waaaay off topic....lol

Haha. I didn't want to make another thread when this one was moving along quite nicely. In other news...

It lives!!

No leaks, no bangs, no real problems to report at all. Steering and brakes are a bit rough, but it's sat for 6 months, so I'm sure I'll need to address other issues.

It turns out, the likely root cause was the alternator. It was completely seized (I hadn't checked it) so the initial start up was unpleasant. After a quick trip to Napa, we were up and running again, this time without any surprises.

Check your radiator... I had the same exact thing happen to me last week (seized up alt) and I found that my rad was leaking but I couldn't see it until I dropped the front skid & looked underneath

Check your radiator... I had the same exact thing happen to me last week (seized up alt) and I found that my rad was leaking but I couldn't see it until I dropped the front skid & looked underneath

I will keep an eye on it. Is there any reason why the radiator leaking would be connected with the alternator though?

Officially registered, insured, and on the road. Will undoubtedly fail inspection, I need new tires, but in RI they require it within 5 days of registration.

Thanks to anyone who helped, there's no chance in hell I would have been able to do this without NAXJA, or the internet in general, for that matter.

Back