• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

HD TRE's - Which ones for crossover?

jshwank

NAXJA Forum User
For those of you that have upgraded your steering, what TRE's are you using? I have seen the basic 1-ton Chevy ends that are used for an inverted T setup (using 3 different TRE's), but I am planning on running a crossover using Tera's Hi Steer knuckle and reaming them from the top. So, my goal would be to upgrade the TRE's and at the same time only have to use two different model ends (less trail spares to carry!!!). Now obviously I can use the basic setup, but if there was a way to only need two different TRE's that would be a lot nicer setup.

Does anyone have any pics or part #'s? Any info or advice would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance!

Jeremy

Youll also need to relocate the trackbar with that set-up.The Chevy ends will work,you just need 2LH's and 2RH's(you wont use the 3rd type,used with the inverted T style setup up).

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have everything except the tubes and the ends. Just wanna find out which ones would be best for that setup.

Thanks,

Jeremy

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=57519&highlight=crossover

This is my crossover steering setup I did with the Tera-Knuckle. I am in the process of re-designing and making another TieRod to go OTK. I will just use my current one as a spare. I am using ZJ TRE's, theyre not expensive, and should hold up to any abuse I put them up to. I have already run trails with this setup, including a local one called Iron chest (8-9 out of 10) and it held up flawlessly.

Back