• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Have you ever tried....

Have you ever tried dog food?

• Yes

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • Yes, and will not do it again.

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Yes, and would do it again.

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Hell No!!!

Votes: 33 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This thread is sick, it is wrong, it needs to be shut down before somebody gets bit!!

:gag:
TIM

XJEEPER said:
I'll shed some light here Cody, and you can decide if you'll continue to snack on the Puppy Chow.

Our company re-cabled the entire American Nutrition plant in Ogden to bring it up to Cat-5e Standards, plus linking remote nodes with fiber.
This is the areas largest producer of dog food, and they produce most of the major brands in the same plant. They make dog bones, snacks, wet food, dry food, etc.
So one day we're routing fiber over the Receiving Dock and the weekly load of by-products comes in..........anyone wanna guess what the frozen blocks of "meat" consisted of?
How about legs, hooves, heads of both equine and bovine flavor, fish parts of various species.......all pressed nicely into stinky frozen blocks of yum. These are dumped into the grinder and the process begins, where they will be combined with other stuff that make your coat shiny and your teeth white.

Dig in boy........

That sounds like a hotdog.

DrMoab said:
Cody is just an attention whore.....nuff said!

gaygaydar7du.jpg

XJEEPER said:
I'll shed some light here Cody, and you can decide if you'll continue to snack on the Puppy Chow.

Our company re-cabled the entire American Nutrition plant in Ogden to bring it up to Cat-5e Standards, plus linking remote nodes with fiber.
This is the areas largest producer of dog food, and they produce most of the major brands in the same plant. They make dog bones, snacks, wet food, dry food, etc.
So one day we're routing fiber over the Receiving Dock and the weekly load of by-products comes in..........anyone wanna guess what the frozen blocks of "meat" consisted of?
How about legs, hooves, heads of both equine and bovine flavor, fish parts of various species.......all pressed nicely into stinky frozen blocks of yum. These are dumped into the grinder and the process begins, where they will be combined with other stuff that make your coat shiny and your teeth white.

Dig in boy........

I took a short-cut behind the dorm cafeteria one day. The kitchen crew was unloading a panel truck. The boxes were labeled "Beef. Grade D. Fit For Human Consumption." The boxes were full of those meat patties that are Salsbury Steak one night and Veal Parmigiana the next. Same thing. That dorm sent 1,500 students to the clinic one night. My rule was, never eat meat you can't see. If it was covered by sause or breading, forget it.

As for dog food: I'm told that, as a wee lad, I could often be found bellied up to the dogs' bowl. I don't remember. I do remember my little brother and, later, both my own sons doing the same thing. All none the worse for it :wierd:

In St. Louis, the same plant that makes animal feed also makes breakfast cereal. Hmmmm

yeah that post is pretty funny, and I ve eaten dog as well, infact i was on a beach in the philippines and a pack of wild dogs came up lookin for food, but they would not eat the dog bones, almost as if they knew what was going on cause as soon as they saw the bones they eft in a hurry. weird

Last edited:
When I was little (barely remember it) my friend Josh and I would snack on the big bags of dry dog food his parents had...don't remember the brand... We must have thought it was good at the time :confused:

The dog food we weren't supposed to eat was kept in the garage where his dad had his orange Chevy truck, we used to let the air out of the tires (just the left side since it was near us), not quite sure why, either we liked the smell or the wind on the face... Anyway, years later Josh finally told his dad... Brain had always wondered why those tires kept losing air!

tried jerky treats once. They smelled like beef jerky, looked like beef jerky, felt like beef jerky but definitely didn't taste like beef jerky.

in all seriousness. go into your local PetCo. there is a buffet style bar of doggie treats. there are some that look like oreo cookies. pick one up and eat it. theyre actually pretty damn good. i bought a handfull of them just to snack on. even the employees will tell you they eat them.

Lucky Dog is good, Lucky Dog burps are not.

Alpo used to make a wet dog food called, beef-by-products and Horse Meat chunks dinner. Smelled terrible.

I worked for a short period in a Hormel plant. We made canned chili and canned stew there. The stuff we ground up to put in them, probably wouldn't be allowed in hot dogs.

Matthew Currie said:
I did eat dog biscuits when I was little. They were pretty good for teething, I'm told.

Biscuts are ok...

I don't go looking for them or anything... thye definately could use some salt or hot sauce.. kinda bland..

Colored doggy dognuts. They are like bisquits. Not bad. Probly won't eat again but I used to eat them when i was about 7yrs old, until my mom saw. She put an end to that.

my loving grandmother used to feed me dog biscuits when i was really little. must not have been too bad cause i never complained. she had a REALLY good laugh a few years ago when she told me about it. for some reason i didn't think it was that funny!

Back